Sign in to follow this  
kotmj

Wetshaving

If you are Asian, especially those of Oriental decent, why would you bother in investing in such an apparatus? 

Makes shaving pretty damned enjoyable. 

Makes shaving pretty damned enjoyable. 

Hahaha! True true. 

But just like an 14 year old boy's first time. It will be the best 2 minutes of your life! 

Then you will have to wait another 3 weeks before shaving again! 

I'm not too sure where to post this, the posting on Truefitt & Hill was an article written by a member who's not longer active. Since i went for a shave so I thought i's post in here. After a long procrastination of trying Truefitt & Hill, at last gave it a try. Impeccable service but atrocious pricing but i was overall satisfied customer. A shave cost RM80, shave and haircut RM170. I would try again but i dont think it will replace my regular barber but once every quarter i think it's not too bad. 

I'm not too sure where to post this, the posting on Truefitt & Hill was an article written by a member who's not longer active. Since i went for a shave so I thought i's post in here. After a long procrastination of trying Truefitt & Hill, at last gave it a try. Impeccable service but atrocious pricing but i was overall satisfied customer. A shave cost RM80, shave and haircut RM170. I would try again but i dont think it will replace my regular barber but once every quarter i think it's not too bad.

Wow rm170. But damn syok ke? Did it come with a shoulder and neck massage?

No massage like the Indian barber who thinks your head is a basketball. Just light massage but what I was impressed was the hygiene and the overall service. I think there was 2 hot towel and a cold towel at the end. And they use completely a new razor not blade but the whole razor. The shave was good but not as good on my good day doing it. I would assume I was a bit more regular then he would know how to get a bbs.

A whole, long while back, Zinzan gave me this block of shaving soap whose brand I have even forgotten.

soap_zps13d20612.jpg

I took it out of the fridge just now to hack out another chunk. Because I've finally used up the first chunk I hacked out of it. The way its going, I may not live long enough to use up this block. Maybe I should put it on my will. One of you can inherit whatever is left after I fall off the perch.

soap2_zps892f7eab.jpg

New refill.

Yeah J, I gave away most of my block, it's a nice pif for ppl who wants to start wet shaving. The damn thing last ridiculously long. Learned my lesson never buy the kilo brick.

• Like 1

Hey a lil update custom replate slim. It turned out beautifully, now waiting for it to arrive here in KL. Thinking of the next custom job or should i get Morris & Fondran brush?

tapatalk_1420510242770_zps74e4f4a7.jpeg

tapatalk_1420510248655_zps80901583.jpeg

tapatalk_1420510230066_zpseda143d7.jpeg

tapatalk_1420510236197_zps2996a838.jpeg

For something that have last 50 year and could easily last another 50 with the updated plating why not. I did it because i wanted an heirloom piece. The EJs will never last that long, dont get me wrong i love my Ejs i still keep it although i dont use it because its not aggressive enough for me. 

The capital investment continues.Next plating will be 18k white gold.

Nah, it would be a rose gold for my NEW. Hehehehehe. For 2015, it will be Muhle R41, M&F brush, Le Pere Lucien soap and plating project for my vintages. 

I was browsing at Watson's when I found an unusual after shave. It's an oil, not emulsion, and it comes wrapped in a low-rent transparent plastic wrap. It was even difficult to make out the brand -- it's moulded into the amber bottle. The ingredients list looks like the entire inventory of a Benedictine monastic apothecary. Made in South Africa. I don't remember the price, but it was very moderate.

1-IMG_6545_zps7rzfabau.jpg

They have a very minimalistic website.

https://lipidol.com/

Just found this thread heh, so I thought I'd post a few pics of a shaver a found in a vintage fair a month back in Bristol UK.

The razor is a Gillette Standard Rocket dated to the late 40's (at least I was told). The case is from an Aristocrat set.

Razor%201_zpsu36wjsd6.jpg

Razor%205_zpsufowuonw.jpg

Razor%203_zpsegrtrz5u.jpg

Razor%206_zps9q5m1dvq.jpg

I've only tried this out once. As for what I actually shave with I use a Muhle R106 with Arko Shaving soap. I forgot the brush I used. It's not a pricey one, called the Grovesnor I think.

Dead man's razor, that. All the more interesting to shave with. Did you start with the Muehle, or did you have a previous razor and upgraded to a Muehle?

I think I may have to buy another razor and brush. This is to keep in my toiletries bag for when I'm on the road. I think I may go vintage with this set.

I had the Muehle as my first DE razor, then a few weeks later a spotted the Gillette and got the whole set for 5 pounds.