Sign in to follow this  
Zinzan

Accessories

Gents,

I'm looking for cufflinks, lost so many of them, well perhaps some of you might be familiar with the situation when your in drunken stupor, rolling up sleeves and next morning you wake up you've got only a cufflink. On hindsight should have kept the singles and make a pair of odd cufflinks.

I was hoping somebody can point to the right direction for good quality and reasonably priced cufflinks,

yeah, the primark ones are hard to beat. sometimes they come together in a set with matching tie. alternatively, you can source some from cuffz. really good value when they go on sale (i think they're on sale right now).

i fancy silver ones. I suggest for you to trawl etsy.I once came across a gorgeous pair of vintage silver coat of arms cufflinks.I regret to this day not buying them

Cuffz, personally i thought they were crap. I bought 2 or 3. Could only used 1 of the cufflinks once. They break apart so easily. I've done the ebay thingy it was either too expensive or too cheap looking, saw some Robert Talbot on SF, it was just a bit over my budget.

My go to pair are knot shaped sterling silver which are one piece. Similar to something kentwang had on his site.

Easy to put on in the morning, which is good - given I'm mostly a zombie before my coffee. I'm also a fan of silk knots.

well, i've not had a bad experience with the cuffz links (pun intended) so far. definitely used them more than once.

cuffz have got a decent selection, including silk knots. lots of novelty cufflinks too. their largest outlet is at bangsar village 2.

Guest Style

Hi people,

I don't see any topic relating to braces. Hopefully I am posting this in the right topic.

How would you match the color of braces in relation to the color of your attire? Also, I've read somewhere to avoid clip on buttons. Is it that bad? I'm currently looking at Thurston braces, what do you think?

Joonian and TS, thanks for the heads up on the link on SF and etsy. I like the purple amethyst and the pearl, etsy has some nice ones as well.

Braces are meant to be worn under the jacket so just go with whatever colour you want. Keep the black and white braces for black tie though.

What do you lads think gold cuff links go well with? Black tie? Silver one's seem to be more conservative and versatile

Just came across this discussion in SF. I didn't save the link, unfortunately, but someone mentioned something about Andy's ratio of money spent on wardrobe. For every $100 spent on a suit, I think it was $10 on a tie, something like $25 on a shirt and so on. The idea is to harmonise the wardrobe so that you don't have, say, a wildly expensive Borrelli tie paired with a Uniqlo shirt and a Kiton suit. What do people think of this notion? What about the counter-argument that style lies in the space between mixing high and low?

I think there's nothing wrong with using those markers as general guidelines and I agree with the idea of harmonisation. That said, one should note that while fine goods usually come at a price, high price is not necessarily an accurate indicator of quality and style. Besides, other considerations come into play (for me at least) e.g. not splurging when it comes to white shirts because they tend to yellow visibly much more quickly than others in this climate, or spending less on my shirts in general because I tend to get tired of them after a while.

A rigid adherence to the ratios mentioned may very produce another Hermes Man! :P

"In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing." - Oscar Wilde

http:/www.instagram.com/residentdandy

I do not see the wardrobe as a financial portfolio -- so and so many percent in money market funds, in stocks, in real estate, etc.

Now that I have almost all the basics, I would like to approach wardrobe building like art collecting. Only things that move me gets bought.

Package just arrived this morning :)

Holy FU colour batman! Those will be fun to wear, show those Austrians a thing or two eh?