Sign in to follow this  
Zinzan

Accessories

My Rayban lost its last remaining nosepad two months ago. The first nosepad dropped off maybe one year after purchase. It's one of those wrap around styles in moulded plastic frame with silicone nosepads glued to the frame. Totally not recommended.

So I've been looking at Randolph Engineering glasses. After much reflection, I've come to the conclusion that the typical chromed Aviator model does not meet my aesthetic requirements. It looks like a piece of alien technology sitting on the face.

0109gqps0107.jpg

UN-AF-Pilot-300.jpg

The matte black frame is better. There is also something off with the squarish frame on the best-selling Aviator model, so I'm leaning towards the Concorde or the Crew Chief.

The Concorde in matte black

randolph_engineering_concorde_mblack_v2.jpg

well, i've not had a bad experience with the cuffz links (pun intended) so far. definitely used them more than once.

cuffz have got a decent selection, including silk knots. lots of novelty cufflinks too. their largest outlet is at bangsar village 2.

I've had quite a good experience with Cuffz too. I have a pair of silver/gold swirls with a matching (non-set) tie-clip. Quite a good value for money. It's now designated my "dressiest" set of accessories in my possession.

What do you lads think gold cuff links go well with? Black tie? Silver one's seem to be more conservative and versatile

I personally prefer black onyx with gold trims (sides) for black-tie. Similarly goes with the studs too. I don't like the hassle associated with the studs, so I had my dress-shirt tailored up with black onyx decorative-buttons instead.

Some people also say that mother-or-pearl with silver trims are suitable too, but I feel they're more suited for white-tie rather than black-tie.

• Like 1

Hi people,

I don't see any topic relating to braces. Hopefully I am posting this in the right topic.

How would you match the color of braces in relation to the color of your attire? Also, I've read somewhere to avoid clip on buttons. Is it that bad? I'm currently looking at Thurston braces, what do you think?

Braces are classified as "underwear", thus not meant to be worn visibly. With that in mind, you're free to go crazy with any wacky patterns and/or colours.

Wearing braces with clips are akin to wearing clip-on ties (read - for kids only). However, it is quite a pain to shop for proper buttoned-on braces in Malaysia. Likewise, it's also quite a pain to shop for self-tie bow-ties too. It's such a joke to see a fully-matured man wearing a pre-tied bow-tie to formal events (especially weddings). They might as well be matching it with colourful Mickey Mouse squeaky shoes that's decorated with battery-powered, blinking red LED lights that light up when they walk...

I'm looking for a silk plain black tie. In ebay, there are many for sale at $4.99 from China that claim to be silk. For that price it can't be silk for sure, I wonder why ebay never take action against these sellers.

I saw 4 shades of over-the-calf socks at Muji. Dark grey and light grey; navy and light blue. Everything at Muji is very optimistically priced. These socks go for RM20.

I tried out an adjustable armchair there. Very, very comfortable but RM1899.

I thought members might like to browse this link:

http://www.smh.com.a...0809-23wet.html

How many do you have?

I like: the sterling silver Tiffany & Co razor.

I dislike: the iPhone case bottle opener. Tosser toy.

And I salivated briefly over the Wusthof knife set. I've got a set of Wusthof in my kitchen, and I really like them,