Sign in to follow this  
Zinzan

Accessories

Hey don't knock off proton, I've still got saga original edition Orion engine. 20 years still goin strong mint condition.

That's because it is a rebadged Mitsubishi. Interesting model though you have, can send me a few pictures? I like the first model's brown and striped interior. Are you still having the original gearbox?

Just got a key fob and belt handmade by SF's Zissou. Brass and pewter hardware. Pics soon. Also found a retailer here with a nice selection of Anderson's woven belts. Strangely quite hard to find but my favoured brand for wovens. Should be getting some soon.

(null)

Got some affordable wool socks from British country outfitter A Hume. Viyella and Pantherella merino wool calf-length socks. The Viyellas are brilliant. I've worn a pair all day tramping around the West End but they keep my feet dry.

PA191351.jpg

PA191359.jpg

After two weeks of wear, I conclude that the Pantherella is superior to the Viyella. Holds its shape better in the wash and the elastic is much stronger.

Serious? I have that exact pair of panthas, I use em as workboot socks because the bloody things keep slipping down and bunching. I quit buying mid-calf thereafter.

So I saw an Equus leather belt on the weekend.

http://www.equusleather.co.uk/

It is a very impressive product. The leather is really thick and high quality, it is one piece, not two layers glued together, the edges are nicely sanded and burnished black, and the stitching is very careful.

The one I saw has a quick release buckle -- practical when you have been holding it back for a long while and must absolutely pee now or risk wetting your pants. The brass buckle I would rate at 85% -- it's quite good but not that perfect. It comes with 7 holes as a standard -- I find this to be a great many holes I would not use. You may want to specify 3 holes.

DSC00609_zps1e6f652f.jpg

DSC00614_zps043dcc26.jpg

DSC00613_zps172091eb.jpg

Personally, I much prefer the Bakers leathers over the Sedgwick. The Baker leathers allow you to see the natural pores of the leather whereas the Sedgwick has the appearance of having been sanded. Baker all the way.

yes Baker indeed is nice, if i got the ammo i buy every color :rolleyes:

my Australian nut 1 1/4" with Brass next to my newly arrive Brass watch

next on my list is the oxford tan and green

B38A8856-6ADF-46D2-8B1D-7E9CB89625A9-31328-000015DB2FACC3E2.jpg

Not an accessory, but I thought this would be of interest... a new rainwear brand, named Hancock, with some talent and experience behind it. Timothy Everest has done three pieces with them that look quite nice. I like the presentation and brand 'concept', which is basically an updated heritage brand (run by the former folks at Mackintosh) at a price point that's close to high-end designer labels like Burberry Prorsum. But at 800 pounds a piece, these aren't your regular Mackintoshes.

You like the shape? Or the head?

Both, but I think the shape would be inconsequential once one wears them on a shirt. I could be wrong as I don't own straight cufflinks like those in the first picture.

On a side note, my custom cufflinks are on the way.

Will have the head like in the cufflinks of the first picture, but the curved shank/barbell of the cufflinks in the second picture.

Just chose the lapis. They'll cut it down to size and shape. Unfortunately, I'm not a gemologist so I have no idea if they're good or not. However, I'm told they're natural lapis stones from Afghanistan.

image_zpse520ea90.jpeg

• Like 1

Can't wait. For a reasonable price as well :D

On a side note, does anybody know if it's beyond decorum if I say 'thank you so much for all your help, I'll buy you a drink when I'm back' when communicating to the sales manager, who incidentally, happens to be female. Now, I have no untoward designs but I do hope my intentions are not misunderstood. :D