465 replies to this topic

#21 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,681 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

I do not see the wardrobe as a financial portfolio -- so and so many percent in money market funds, in stocks, in real estate, etc.

Now that I have almost all the basics, I would like to approach wardrobe building like art collecting. Only things that move me gets bought.

#22 Guest_Mystery_*

Guest_Mystery_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

Package just arrived this morning :)

Attached Files

#23 kneok

kneok

Smalltimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

I generally love the playful and whacky cufflinks. Have a few serious ones but i like a little fun with the cufflinks

#24 "6"

"6"

Megatimer

• Members
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationAnak Kedah

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:37 PM

Holy FU colour batman! Those will be fun to wear, show those Austrians a thing or two eh?

#25 Mr.J

Mr.J

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

Would love to see it in action. :D

#26 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,681 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

My Rayban lost its last remaining nosepad two months ago. The first nosepad dropped off maybe one year after purchase. It's one of those wrap around styles in moulded plastic frame with silicone nosepads glued to the frame. Totally not recommended.

So I've been looking at Randolph Engineering glasses. After much reflection, I've come to the conclusion that the typical chromed Aviator model does not meet my aesthetic requirements. It looks like a piece of alien technology sitting on the face.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The matte black frame is better. There is also something off with the squarish frame on the best-selling Aviator model, so I'm leaning towards the Concorde or the Crew Chief.

The Concorde in matte black
Posted Image

#27 ElPistolero

ElPistolero

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:20 PM

are they polarised? have never seen them being sold in kl.

#28 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,681 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:53 PM

they come in many lens and size and frame options. available online.

#29 Zinzan

Zinzan

Megatimer

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

I've been thinking about it as well, a bit risky without trying it out on.

#30 ElPistolero

ElPistolero

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

exactly what i was thinking. i like the idea of aviators but only 1 particular model from ray ban suits me - so i wouldn't dare buy without trying.

#31 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,681 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

Went to Muji the other day and bought this card case. It's quite OK. Blonde leather which has been lacquered over. RM140.
Posted Image

#32 polyisoprene

polyisoprene

Nanotimer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

well, i've not had a bad experience with the cuffz links (pun intended) so far. definitely used them more than once.

cuffz have got a decent selection, including silk knots. lots of novelty cufflinks too. their largest outlet is at bangsar village 2.

I've had quite a good experience with Cuffz too. I have a pair of silver/gold swirls with a matching (non-set) tie-clip. Quite a good value for money. It's now designated my "dressiest" set of accessories in my possession.

#33 polyisoprene

polyisoprene

Nanotimer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

What do you lads think gold cuff links go well with? Black tie? Silver one's seem to be more conservative and versatile

I personally prefer black onyx with gold trims (sides) for black-tie. Similarly goes with the studs too. I don't like the hassle associated with the studs, so I had my dress-shirt tailored up with black onyx decorative-buttons instead.

Some people also say that mother-or-pearl with silver trims are suitable too, but I feel they're more suited for white-tie rather than black-tie.

#34 polyisoprene

polyisoprene

Nanotimer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hi people,

I don't see any topic relating to braces. Hopefully I am posting this in the right topic.

How would you match the color of braces in relation to the color of your attire? Also, I've read somewhere to avoid clip on buttons. Is it that bad? I'm currently looking at Thurston braces, what do you think?

Braces are classified as "underwear", thus not meant to be worn visibly. With that in mind, you're free to go crazy with any wacky patterns and/or colours.

Wearing braces with clips are akin to wearing clip-on ties (read - for kids only). However, it is quite a pain to shop for proper buttoned-on braces in Malaysia. Likewise, it's also quite a pain to shop for self-tie bow-ties too. It's such a joke to see a fully-matured man wearing a pre-tied bow-tie to formal events (especially weddings). They might as well be matching it with colourful Mickey Mouse squeaky shoes that's decorated with battery-powered, blinking red LED lights that light up when they walk...

#35 sturmabeislung

sturmabeislung

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

I'm looking for a silk plain black tie. In ebay, there are many for sale at $4.99 from China that claim to be silk. For that price it can't be silk for sure, I wonder why ebay never take action against these sellers.

#36 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

Maybe it's listed as 'silk-like'?

#37 sturmabeislung

sturmabeislung

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

Maybe it's listed as 'silk-like'?

I'm afraid not http://www.ebay.com/...=item257172e9ad

#38 ElPistolero

ElPistolero

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

there's a lot of crap from china that ebay isn't doing anything about. best to just exclude results from there.

#39 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,681 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

Cool lapel pin!
Posted Image

#40 deriku

deriku

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

I have one like that, thanks to the little perks we have at work.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users