F1refighter

The Newbie Thread: Where it all began

In regards to pricing, what are ALT's current prices for workmanship (both half-canvased and fully-canvased)? The last time I had a half-canvassed double breasted made from him (about two months back), I paid RM1100 for tailoring costs alone. Granted, I asked for extras like surgeon's cuffs, pick stiching and hand stitched buttonholes.

Last week I returned the suit jacket to him to stitch in real lapel holes (instead of the faux piece of thread one he mistakenly put in; which I had no chance for him to remedy at the moment of collection since I was due to leave the country then) and to reattach a button and asked about his charges again, and he quoted me RM900 + RM600 for a fully-canvased two piece (with my cloth). Am I paying too much?

I ask because I'm interested in getting another DB made. Only thing I'm trying to make a decision on now is whether it's really worth paying that extra for full canvasing.

He quoted me RM900 + RM600 for a fully-canvased two piece (with my cloth). Am I paying too much?

Seems reasonable. Up to you to decide whether full canvassing is worth it for you. Just note full canvassing will take longer to complete.

You were there?

Next time someone goes in during a meetup and does not acknowledge us, he will only be able to leave after surrendering his anal virginity.

i didn't go for the meet up! i went to collect my pants! which weren't ready by the way.

plus i wasn't comfortable approaching a stranger in a tailor's shop with the line "are you kotmj?" or worse "are you a kerbau member?"

anyway the wife was in a hurry to get to 1utama.

While we were there at 10am, a gentleman came in to do a shirt with ALT. He passed a length of shirting fabric from a Binwani's plastic bag and his wife gave the buttons.

Later on, another guy with his girlfriend came to alter his pants.

Minutes after that, a lady came to pick up her stuff.

The rest of that were just us.

ElPistolero must be one of them, I guess...

You should have introduced yourself, we would have shared some Acorn shirting fabrics. Much better than Binwanis.

By the way, you have a very cute son. ALT even gave him an orange!

We had to ask before he offered any.

i have seen acorn's stuff. the whole process of communicating with that james chap is very tiresome. the binwani's auntie is nice. :)

my son is not the most patient 2 year old around. would you like to babysit some time?

i bet uncle loke was cursing for having to give 3 grown men oranges.

Is the watch your referring to a Rolex?if yes, that's not me.I wear a small timers watch.I don't remember anyone with a son coming into AL so you must have came before me.

from my extensive trolling i read that you wear a bigtimer watch. been trying to convince the wife to get me a submariner. no luck yet. her earliest estimate is 10th wedding anniversary. sigh.

all 9 grown men ate oranges? poor uncle...

did you guys bring the fabric that was on uncle loke's table? i can't seem to remember what it's called. i am more of a binwani's man.

i did see the navy jacket made out in the cloth terrorsquad was selling. it's a really nice colour.

AL's new coatmaker for fused jackets is very good. Where does he find people like this? Pretty sure the guy can also do full canvassing. It's not the work of a hastily trained Bangla.

The Mystique is a very Italianate cloth, now that I've felt it as a suit. Very thin. The Dugdale New Fine Worsted drapes better.