Sign in to follow this  
joonian

Movies with good wardrobes

The coolest suit in The Dark Knight Rises is black, armoured, and seem to be covered in silicone rubber.

It's an underwhelming show. Bane is the villian this time. Contrast Bane to the Joker from The Dark Knight and you see what a genius performance Heath Ledger gave.

Bane is more muscle than brains. Joker on the other hand, is just plain evil.

Was watching Octopussy the other day in HD, and I noticed Roger Moore is guilty of the notorious collar gap as well. How does it work: is there not supposed to be ANY collar gap in ANY position?

Has anyone watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi? I think many on this forum would appreciate its lionisation of the ascetic artisan.

Any more recommendations on movies with good wardrobes?

Have a look at the HBO series SUITS its about a bunch of lawyers?

Also American Gigolo with Richard Gere for the Armani look although that look is probably dated by now.

I hesitate to post this here, because of the theme (homosexuality) and the amount of male nudity. But what a wardrobe! Well, most of us here are adults, so here goes. This is a movie adaptation of an autobiography by Christopher Isherwood. Isherwood's novel "A Single Man" was the basis of the Tom Ford film bearing the same title.

http://www.youtube.c...bed/9hjidIaTYiE

Watched Life of Pi, an amazing story of wonder. It was directed by Ang Lee. I googled him, and found that this Chinaman directed...

...Brokeback Mountain. How incongruous.

Ang Lee is astonishingly versatile. He can direct in a quintessentially Chinese style, yet also do Hollywood action films like Hulk. Here you see Eat Drink Man Woman, a cooking sequence that fascinated me when I discovered it a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU_8tSpvdtU

Ang Lee is astonishingly versatile. He can direct in a quintessentially Chinese style, yet also do Hollywood action films like Hulk. Here you see Eat Drink Man Woman, a cooking sequence that fascinated me when I discovered it a while back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU_8tSpvdtU

Should ask Monsieur Ang Lee to direct a sequence on suit/shoe making. I bet a good video would make people salivate for bespoke things like how one would salivate over those food. Come to think of it, Monsieur kotmj, you can do that to advertise your services. Get a good videographer with great editing skills.

Huiyoh, you're precient. The last 2 months I've been making capital expenditures to make a highly cinematic video.

The Talented Mr. Ripley. Showing now on sundance astro channel 438.

Just watched this. Brilliant attention to detail (in terms of wardrobe) in this movie.