7 replies to this topic

#1 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

Whenever I have the opportunity to comtemplate about the forum, I find myself wanting a more colourful, higher contrast appearance. More colour, some pics on the front perhaps. But then I remind myself why I chose this plain skin: when colleagues peek at my screen it is not easy to discern what sort of a forum this is. One of the problems I have with SF is how obvious it is to a unwitting observer that it's a clothes site.

#2 kneok

kneok

Smalltimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:31 AM

Since I work in an all-glass room, the only giveaway to passer-bys that i'm not hard at work doing research or whatnot is your avatars.

But don't let that stop you. I do think that the forum needs a logo or mascot. Can someone conjure up a tasteful kerbau, something (although not as similar) as Braun Buffel's?

#3 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

I am actually looking to commission one. From this collective:
http://www.logodesign.my/

#4 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:34 AM

Whenever I have the opportunity to comtemplate about the forum, I find myself wanting a more colourful, higher contrast appearance. More colour, some pics on the front perhaps. But then I remind myself why I chose this plain skin: when colleagues peek at my screen it is not easy to discern what sort of a forum this is. One of the problems I have with SF is how obvious it is to a unwitting observer that it's a clothes site.

I agree.I'm lucky in the sense that the forum's skin is similar to a virtual data room skin that I am working on.So people think I'm doing due diligence every time I open up the forum.

#5 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

I'm thinking the logo should be a line art and integrated with the name, like this:

Posted Image

#6 kneok

kneok

Smalltimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

i would crack up if there's a picture of an up-right bull in a suit with pocket squares, cufflinks and the whole shebang.

but alas.. my idea isn't that original after all

loadsa free bull pictures here

http://www.vector-fi...ads.asp?id=1441

#7 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

Nah, it'll be a buffalo in its natural state, magnificent horns, masculine, strong, dignified. Just the silhouette, like most line arts.

#8 holymoly

holymoly

Megatimer

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

How is that bull coming along? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users