Sign in to follow this  
Zinzan

Black tie attire

No, I don't need a tux. No experience with the fit but there's plenty of evidence on SF to suggest it's rather good. Don't know if they have a shop in London, but they are made in Amsterdam.

FF, my advice whatever it is dont ever do a rental, i look like a fucking waiter when i did that. But I did it in KL, but the DJ rentals in UK would be substantially better.

You should ask yourself how much mileage are gonna get with the DJ. I do get a black tie event once a year but after i commissioned my DJ, i've only had one event. Hahahaha. There you go when i didnt have 1, i was getting invites left right and center. Now that i do, its dried up. But its good to have in you wardrobe i think, and i dont like not following the dress code. The organizers of the party have come out of their way organizing a party and inviting you, the least you could do is to oblige them with the proper attire.

And another thing you'll prob have a lot of black tie events there, the balls there all black tie so you might have to consider in investing in one.

• Like 1

I don't suppose you'd be able to fit into one with a 37" chest and 16.5" shoulder to shoulder measurement? I think I'll skipping all of these year's black tie events so I'm more than happy to loan it out. It's an uncollected bespoke piece by Chris Kerr which I somehow managed to get my hands on.

If you're really not going to wear it often and can't justify spending too much on it, why not try M&S. The Marble Arch flagship store should carry their entire range of formal-wear. Even though the trousers that go with their dinner jackets have belt loops, it's not the end of the world. With the 30% discount that they're offering on men's suits, you'd be spending well below £200.

• Like 1

the tux that Daniel Craig wear in Skyfall was my type!

What, with that awful collar gap? I admired the cream jacket the villian wore when he first appeared.

I'm not such pro at technique problem,but the overall was good for me at least.talking about the movie,you don't wanna miss it! Its really awesome and I'm surely will going to watch the second time for IMAX version! Btw,I'm curious on the shirt's button,it seemed like their are not sewn on it?

I don't think you need go to extent of the patent shoes. A black shiny Oxford whole cut would be more than sufficient.

something I remember reading about - a plaintoe wholecut bal is slightly more formal than a plaintoe bal with seams (and slightly more formal than a captoe bal). A wholecut bal with a mirror shine is acceptable (marginally) with a dinner jacket.