Sign in to follow this  
Zinzan

Black tie attire

Looks very dashyat. Some jackets do have that "elaborately hand wrought" feel to them while others don't. I can't explain it myself. But the fact that suit supply uses VBC signals they're serious.

If you've seen my latest post in the Latest Haul thread, here are the fit pics of my tux from SuitSupply!

img1478sm.jpg

img1482cg.jpg

img1504v.jpg

img1498ej.jpg

img1496yz.jpg

img1508nh.jpg

Some inside details a peek at the cummerbund and shirt studs.

img1484el.jpg

I personally think the tux, shirt and the whole do-up fit me quite well. I'm 181cm and I went for a 38R tux (W32 trousers) and the in-house SuitSupply alteration tailor had to make a few alterations for it to fit me as well as it does, for instance:

- lengthening the sleeves (2cm in front, 1cm in the back)

- take in extra cloth behind neck and centre seam (to clean up back) and below my armpits

- let out by 1/2" at the waist where my belly is (HAH)

- hem the trousers

For the money that I've paid I'm very very very happy with the SuitSupply tux although I'm rather peeved that it has side vents - but then that's probably a good thing because I tried to ask them to sew it up and it looks really weird with my ass sticking out, breaking up the sleek look.

I'll probably write a post about the level of service at SuitSupply on Vigo Street (perpendicular to Savile Row!) sometime in the future.

Thoughts?

That's a very nice DJ for the money. Seems like Suitsupply is moving up in the world.

Damn it: Didn't know a black tie rig is such a massive expense, and having to get it on such short notice as well. Consolation is that I expect this to last for life.

Firefighter, did you get everything at one place?

Gold shirt studs with lapis

Gold matching acorn cufflinks with lapis

MOP shirt studs by Benson & Clegg (tentative)

MOP matching cufflinks (tentative)

Opera pumps with pinched bow (Calf, not patent)

Silk socks

Dress shirt with bib marcella front -- Need to make an appointment

Cream pocket square from Vanda

Albert Thurston grey barathea formal braces that I bought a long time ago

Black satin butterfly bowtie (Edit: maybe midnight blue grosgrain)

True midnight blue barathea (mohair-wool mix) DB DJ with shawl lapel (4 by 1) -- In the works

• Like 2

What cloth are you using?

10 oz True Midnight Blue, 73% Wool, 27% Mohair, in Barathea weave by Smith Woolens & Co. Very very subtle sheen. RJW midnight blue grosgrain facings (300) and matching grosgrain cord and covered buttons in 30 Ligne.

Am getting Hober to make me a single-ended bow-tie with the matching grosgrain as well. So it matches the facing -- See Prince Charles's bowtie -- I like the shape and tight knot.

royal-william-char_1884295b_zpsd783c477.jpg

• Like 1

Well well well, very impressive, boysdontcryy! Very nice detailing and very neat specifications!

Will you be putting up pics of the fittings and the final ensemble?

I was partially convinced by you that I should get a dinner suit. It was upon your recommendation!

• Like 1

My tailor was extremely nice -- he is going to make me a bow tie out of the grosgrain silk facings that will be attached to my lapel for free.

And who would have thought you'd get this for a bowtie. LOL

IMG_3149_zps83142fc5.jpg

• Like 1

Gold shirt studs with lapis

Gold matching acorn cufflinks with lapis

MOP shirt studs by Benson & Clegg (tentative)

MOP matching cufflinks (tentative)

Opera pumps with pinched bow (Calf, not patent)

Silk socks --Opted for Zimmerli pure cotton socks which I've beard is very good as well

Dress shirt with bib marcella front -- Need to make an appointment -- In the works

Cream pocket square from Vanda

Albert Thurston grey barathea formal braces that I bought a long time ago

Black satin butterfly bowtie (Edit: maybe midnight blue grosgrain) -- in the works

True midnight blue barathea (mohair-wool mix) DB DJ with shawl lapel (4 by 1) -- In the works

Yes, right? LOL. Because it's to be sized to my neck, and the width of the bow when tied shouldn't be pass my eyebrows (or shirt collar).

Silk facings are not cheap you know, a meter cost about 70 pounds + VAT + shipping and you need to buy that amount to make one bow-tie.