kotmj

The suiting thread

have to agree on this one, based on what i got. now, if only he would divulge his source...

I've been reading up on mediaeval torture methods.

Home launderable does not necessarily mean home-pressable. Even if you laundered your jacket at home you should send it to a (proper) tailor for pressing. Tailors have about half a dozen special forms on which to press the various parts of a jacket for maximum shapeliness.

Thanks kotmj for the tip! Will have to ask about the tailor's pressing capabilities in that case.

By the way, a tailor was telling me that if I machine-washed the H&S, its colour would eventually fade (and therefore I should forget the idea of a home-launderable jacket). Any thoughts, gents? I'd assume that his argument would have some degree of plausibility in that jacketing and suiting fabrics are generally not dyed with machine-washing in mind. If anyone'd be interested, I'm thinking of doing a colour-fastness test by putting strips of my linens in plastic bottles of water and hanging the bottles in the boot of my car to toss and turn for a week.

I have a better idea. Snip off a small strip of the linen and keep it somewhere. With the larger piece, have the edges serged or somehow bound with thread. Everytime you launder something, throw in the swatch with the laundry.

After a few washings compare the little strip with the larger swatch.

My take on some of terror's cloths:

1. William Halstead 60% kid mohair: Fucking awesome.

2. H&S Vendon: Awesome. Visible weave (hopsack-like)

3. Harrison's Mystique: Worthy of prostituting oneself for.

4. H&S wool-cotton-linen: Easily better than the Zegna equivalent.

in charcoal with light grey stripes?

Nope, plain midnight navy.And it already has a new owner.

Kotmj, I'm still drooling over the wain shiell and the trimmings.

it's safe to say for those who wanted to purchase the William Halstead on britishfabrics but had reservations about it,please proceed.It has been established that it's a great piece of fabric for our Malaysian weather.

terrorsquad, you didn't find any sticky white residue on your fucking awesome, worthy-of-selling-your-anus's-virginity cloths, after the session you guys had this morning?

i suppose not, if you managed to sell one of them.

Because of the size and the softness of the Mystique, it is being used as a blanket for those not so chilly Malaysian nights.

I suggest a 100% cashmere for such applications.

The Harrisons of Burley (very) dark brown pinhead

burley.jpg

It is a Super 100s and while very good, it does not approach the Wain Shiell.

Damn, i gotta disinfectant the cloth. Hahahaha. But seriously thanks TS for the assist and KOTMJ on the nice review, kind of put my mind at ease now.

went for my 3rd fitting today, jacket is half done. suit looks even more amazing in real life. collar still has to be fixed (still moving off the shirt when arms are raised), waist nipped in a little as suggested by Nani. would like somemore (harsher) critique from you sifus here!

21713339.jpg

54482342.jpg

81278254.jpg

Looks fantastic Geno. Makes you look like you slept in the suit but that is the charm (I guess) of linen. With linen the fit is less critical.

Patch pockets are always large.

terror: It's a 2 button suit. wearing the suit is like not wearing anything at all. I really like the "honeycomb" effect that linen gives, jacket still looks messy as it hasn't been finished and pressed yet, will post more pictures!