kotmj

The suiting thread

A character like MOP really puts to test a moderator's ability to craft policies which are in the best interests of everyone.

If it was just a malignant person out to slander and defame it would have been straightforward. But MOP is so complex: He truly believes himself to have been wronged, though it is obvious to all it is due to his retardation. He is also very passionate about menswear, and tailoring, and craftsmanship, but only of a very specific sort and he finds it incredulous that the other kinds would ever have been allowed to exist. He has no problem with baring fangs and biting others of superior leverage; but when slapped, puts his tail between his legs and whimpers and asks for forgiveness.

I don't know what to do with this guy.

A character like MOP really puts to test a moderator's ability to craft policies which are in the best interests of everyone.

If it was just a malignant person out to slander and defame it would have been straightforward. But MOP is so complex: He truly believes himself to have been wronged, though it is obvious to all it is due to his retardation. He is also very passionate about menswear, and tailoring, and craftsmanship, but only of a very specific sort and he finds it incredulous that the other kinds would ever have been allowed to exist. He has no problem with baring fangs and biting others of superior leverage; but when slapped, puts his tail between his legs and whimpers and asks for forgiveness.

I don't know what to do with this guy.

It would be great to let him back in... and see how long his apologetic mode will last before he strikes again. I'll start calculating the odds and taking bets.

Some additional conditions to impose on him that you may consider:

• A public apology
  • A photo of him in his best attire to increase his credibility
  • A photo of him doing something effiminated... just for f*cks

Can't say I didn't expect this conclusion.

Word. 

Sorry that I missed MOP-gate, but in a ways glad that I did not participate.

On a brighter note - I am meeting RD for a forward fitting tomorrow evening!

Word. 

Sorry that I missed MOP-gate, but in a ways glad that I did not participate.

On a brighter note - I am meeting RD for a forward fitting tomorrow evening!

Share some pics please!

Crap. I think it oughta be the first basted fitting, not the forward fitting. Bit rusty on the terms.

Pics, maybe RD or my girlfriend can conjure something up...

Phew, thank god MOP is now gone --lest I be called a scammer and a tackynacci (which may not necessarily be untrue).

But there's still the JT, who I hope will be kind with his words when he sees the kind of shoddy substandard work being produced by the riffraff of the world I.e. me.

"In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing." - Oscar Wilde

http:/www.instagram.com/residentdandy

Addendum:

1. On second thought, if Orazio is a scammer and Luca a tackynacci, I actually really don't mind being called those as well

2. And I must also thank arc who is has been so brave as to risk his precious cloth with me

"In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing." - Oscar Wilde

A pity Gerald does not post here anymore. Nevertheless just had a peek at his tumblr.

http://gshen65.tumblr.com/

Is this unusual?

tumblr_msyczfRhqT1qjh08eo1_500.jpg

It's funny --I saw this post last night and then proceeded to dream of it in my sleep!!

Btw, to give you guys a nugget of information, interesting or otherwise:

That jacket was made in a linen I sold Thomas. I myself have made up a few jackets in this linen for various customers.

A Singaporean who bought a length wrote to me saying he wants to return the cloth because his tailor said it is impossible to make up without crooked checks. I told him to use a less cheap tailor.