The Kerbau
kotmj

The suiting thread

This has kicked up quite the controversy: https://www.permanentstyle.com/2018/02/btailor-jacket-via-robin-pettersson-review.html

I can guess where the problems are, and they are multifactored. There is not a single point of failure. Instead, some ways of doing things need to change at this tailor so that a good suit can be made for a person with a body as unusual as Crompton's. These range from an additional measurement to be taken, to sufficient inlays in the baste, the policy of ordering more cloth to recut parts of the jacket, and the adoption of a real bespoke process instead of this arrangement of using remote fitters.

For most people, it works well, but 10% of customers will have bodies that require the above.

There could also be a process of escalating those orders which are in danger to top management.

Secretary goes up the stairs. Knocks on the open door. The Boss turns around.

Secretary: You told me to tell you when an order goes into its fourth fitting. It just happened. With Robin on a London order.

The Boss: Thanks. Name of customer?

He calls Robin.

The Boss: Eh Robin, aiyoh, what is this with Crompton? So many fittings? Please tell me everything about this.

Would you then as a customer accept such a jacket?

Or would you ask for more fittings, or possibly full refund and say fudge it?

This is where the price bracket comes into play. Some tailors operate at a low price bracket. Remaking a suit is not part of their DNA. They cannot afford to.

At B&T's price bracket, an order should never be allowed to reach this stage, and if it does, they should remake the suit and an additional one to compensate the customer for his inconvenience.

I'm thinking the media producing aspect of JT can be organised separately. It can be a different company that does work for the tailoring company JT as well as other clients from related segments like other tailoring businesses, casual wear labels like camel active, and other fashion brands like the billions of hijab labels out there (take a square piece of cloth, serge the sides, sew on a label, voilà!). Also the millions of Mekkah-wear labels. Be the best production house to go to if you want clothing videos.

So nice. Would love to do it. I might call it "sculptures in cloth production".