kotmj

The suiting thread

IMG_20180716_120841.jpg?raw=1

Despite the logo not being fully developed, I used it today for the suits which belong to a group.

IMG_20180716_120656.jpg?raw=1

As you can see, I opted for the simple and direct "Made for" instead of the usual "Exclusively for" (which I've never liked). There is also the Australian/American "Crafted for" which sounds too pretentious to me, like trying to increase value-added through words rather than through the product.

IMG_20180716_123126.jpg?raw=1

All loaded into the customer's car.

I was informed yesterday, to my great dismay, that Lord's will be taking up a unit at the Four Seasons KL. It's a revenue sharing agreement, not the traditional lease/rental.

I was just told by a cloth distributor minutes ago that they've already opened, in April in fact. Also told it's extremely quiet there.

IMG_20180716_170148.jpg?raw=1

I really only need 3 or 4 great pics per shoot.  In fact, I'm happy with just 2. These here are those that I think are not that great but usable in a variety of contexts.

IMG_20180716_172019.jpg?raw=1

We shot a series in this Bahnhof/Gare, but the lighting conditions were such that, I didn't really know how to handle them. I will be sneding some from this series to an editor in Hyderabad to see if he can make them usable.

A couple weeks ago, I was approached by the guy behind a secular choir group by the name of The Canticle Singers about a possible sponsorship. When I took the call, I was half asleep on my bed. I said, sure, mail me the details. This group spends a whole year preparing for one performance. They perform once a year. All unpaid volunteers. They've been doing it since 1992 (obviously with a changing composition since people are coming and leaving). The same guy is behind it since the beginning. He tells me it is increasingly difficult to find singers.

So, anyway, yesterday, I measured all the male performers. I just got the idea that they should allow me to use a 1 to 2 minute section of their performance as the JT official soundtrack. They don't really publish videos of their performance because they do not compose their own songs.

Anyway, I am generally keen to be more involved with the performing arts.

IMG_20180721_163155.jpg?raw=1

Average IQ level just shot up at JT. Dispatch A is no longer able to perform dispatch work because of his internship at EY. So instead, he now works as a part timer on weekends. He's in the green shirt next to Part Timer A. I'm calling him Part Timer B. The previous person to hold that post sort of left after I repeatedly let him know he's just not good enough for the job. Also yelled at him quite a bit.

Part Timer B is really smart. Even Part Timer A is impressed by him.

Today, I had another young lady come interview for a part time weekend position. She is a B.Sc. graduate of UM and is currently working in one of these pointless jobs designed for mediocre people. I'm not impressed. I don't think I'll hire her. But, I don't really have enough information to form a real evaluation. The only way is to hire her, then see if she can do the job. So, figuring out what to do.