• Please log in to reply
7102 replies to this topic

#41 kenterong

kenterong

Megatimer

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:54 PM

to be honest, i like how the suit fits. it follows my body quite closely yet still gives me room to move comfortably (i can fold my arms without feeling like the suit would burst). and the shoulders are so soft too.

but i can certainly do without all that puckering. pants aren't quite slim because i wanted it to balance with the jacket.

will definitely bring it in when i see you, kotmj.

#42 kenterong

kenterong

Megatimer

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:40 PM

by the way, think i'll go with the dugdale 8960.

#43 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

Wise choice.it would make a great looking suit for you.

#44 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:23 PM

A thoughtful post by PG
http://mostexerent.t...t-emails-asking

#45 kenterong

kenterong

Megatimer

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:10 PM

that shop PG is in is the one in lucky plaza.

#46 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

That's iris tailor right?I remember some similar pictures of gshen with the same background during his fittings.

#47 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:44 PM

Their work is consistently excellent, though they show far more deference to the customer than I'm inclined to..

#48 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:50 PM

I think PG's advice about giving the creation process a lot of time is a wise one. It's easy for him to say since he probably has the biggest wardrobe in Asia.

#49 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:53 PM

by the way, think i'll go with the dugdale 8960.

Dugdale sells trimmings as well. Lining, horn buttons, silk buttonhole twist (maybe?). Might as well get them together with the cloth. Ask for the trimmings to be chosen by an experienced person. Get ermazine!

#50 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:16 PM

any thoughts on the 8952?

#51 kenterong

kenterong

Megatimer

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:03 PM

the 8952 is a beautiful shade, i think. quite distinctive. i was kind of looking for that shade for my DB actually, but ALT doesn't have an affordable cloth with that color (my wife likes to call it the obama blue, because she saw a picture of him wearing a suit of that rather bright blue). so i settled with his house kid mohair cloth, which also has a brighter shade of blue than the usual navy.

kotmj, i'm going to have to confess to my ignorance on the trimmings. and i can't seem to find them on the dugdale website (apart from the lining).

oh yes, would 4.5 meters be enough for a suit with extra pants? seems like the bill will be hefty enough on just the cloth alone: extra gbp25 to be paid for tax!

#52 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

The VAT was 25 pounds?wow, that means that you saved around 4 pounds compared to if you shipped it back to Malaysia.Hate it when i get charged VAT.

#53 kenterong

kenterong

Megatimer

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:43 PM

i think i would still get charged VAT even if i shipped it back to malaysia. i tried it when i changed the shipping address (london vs kl).

#54 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:29 PM

When i ordered, i didnt get charged any VAT. If find that a bit funny you got charged VAT when you changed the address. Maybe you can give Caroline a call to sort it out with her.

#55 kenterong

kenterong

Megatimer

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

no worries, i think i'd rather ask my relative to receive the package for me anyways... and save a few quid!

#56 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:49 PM

The 8952 appears to me to be recognizably blue. With a navy, people do not see it as blue. It is a "dark" suit for laypeople. But a French blue is perceived as blue.

What I would love is an air force/RAF blue with obvious mottling:

Posted Image

(Slewfoot's pic)

Here's something at GBP 53/m (Cape Breeze).
Posted Image

Anyway, pics of the NFW covers
Posted Image

Posted Image

Trimmings are everything in a suit that is not the garment fabric. This includes body canvas, lining, buttons, collar felt, collar linen, edge tape, etc.

I think I should disclose that the current understanding is that my sifu will be making kenterong's suit and I get to be instructed by the sifu with kenterong as the example!

kenterong, I think 4.3 m will do, but tell me how tall you are and I will ask tomorrow!

#57 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

These are also nice cloths

http://www.ebay.co.u...731489480665168

Posted Image

For the oil oligarchs out there (at GBP 60/m)

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item519b563d9a

Posted Image

#58 kenterong

kenterong

Megatimer

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

kotmj, thanks for the explanation on trimmings. as much as i would like to be able to fully bespeak my suit, i cannot say i am knowledgeable enough to do so... yet! placing an order for the garment fabric only is already giving me quite a bit of worry, what more the trimmings.

my height is 1.73m, so if i can do with less than 4.3m of fabric, i'd appreciate any savings i can get.

by the way, i forgot to mention that i saw a totally unlined jacket at iris last week. it looked amazing.

#59 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,680 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

If you can measure your chest girth the sifu can give an even better estimate. A tape measure, under the armpits around the most prominent part of the chest and across the shoulder blades at the back. Basically, the widest measurement.

#60 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

Wow, the grey cloth is indeed very nice.in your opinion kotmj, should I stick with dugdales or should I give the cloth above a try?the grey cloth looks really good value for money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users