• Please log in to reply
391 replies to this topic

#1 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

You guys wanted, I negotiated and it's finally a reality.

I can confirm that I will be placing a group buy for our official kerbau cloth (kudos to kotmj) which is the 8/9oz H.Lesser in RAF blue. A beautiful and rare shade of blue which is a MUST have in your suit rotation. the 8/9oz H.Lesser or also known as the Super Fine Tropical (SFT) is recognized by tailors around the world, especially Saville Row (I know this because I asked the head cutter of Norton & Sons of Saville Row) as one of the best, if not THE best tropical worsted that has been produced. The quality of H.Lesser is undisputed with various threads in SF, AAAC, London Lounge and Cutter and Tailor singing praise of it.

As this will involve a lot of orders, PLEASE place your order at my email below:

suitablebritishfabrics@gmail.com.

PLEASE place orders only if your serious about it.Let's make this efficient and easy for all of us.Any questions, you can either PM me here or email me at the above email.

Kotmj, would appreciate if you could post pics of the cloth in this thread to assist new members when placing the order.

#2 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,677 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

Breathtaking

#3 amateursarto

amateursarto

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:02 PM

Waiting for pics of this and anything else you'd be willing to ship to the States...

#4 hst20

hst20

Megatimer

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

I am in. Will drop you an email

#5 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

gogogo

#6 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,677 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

The Lesser Superfine Tropical in RAF blue is unique for several reasons.

1. It is in a shade of RAF blue which is not found anywhere else, not even in the other bunches by H. Lesser. Other blues come close, but they are either a plain shade, or they are a bit too blue, or if the exact shade, comes only in pinstripes. The closest to this blue is in the Minnis Fresco bunch -- but then you'd have to wear fresco. This is a gorgeous blue that is richly mottled and rustic. It looks very different from navy, so if you have a navy suit, the RAF blue would serve as a less formal alternative.

2. This cloth is highly malleable, capable of taking and holding onto ironwork imparted by the tailor. This is quite useless if your coatmaker specializes in flat tailoring, as most do in this part of the world, but if your coatmaker sees himself as a sculptor, this cloth is like clay where Italianate cloths are like stubborn tires.

3. There are indications that once the old stock sells out, it is impossible to replicate this cloth exactly for a variety of reasons (decommissioning of the old looms having been named as one). This then, is an opportunity to own a piece of a legend -- before it disappears from the face of the earth. Other Lesser bunches may be just as coveted, but the Superfine Tropical is the only one by Lesser to make some concession to our climate. It is Lesser's lightest, but amongst the light ones it is the strongest.

4. It is highly unlikely you will source this cloth at a better price than now offered.

This is the cloth:
Posted Image

Compare this to Lesser's own navy and you see there is an unmistakable difference. Nobody will confuse the RAF blue for a navy.
Posted Image

Here it is with some other cloths for more perspective.
Posted Image

#7 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

this has to become a db.

#8 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,677 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

I'm leaning towards SB actually.

#9 amateursarto

amateursarto

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

TS,
Is that shipping quote static or only applicable to your part of the world?

#10 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

Fantastic review kotmj.To fellow kerbau members, please remember that I have opened up this offer to other countries. once this is gone, it is gone. I have so far received 15 orders of suiting length within the hour I have made the offer.Please be quick to place you orr as I CANNOT guarantee that any will be available once it is finished.

#11 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:27 PM

Amateursarto, PM me and I will enlighten you.

#12 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,677 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:29 PM

Do we get woven labels with this?

#13 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

Yes, unless they run out of it which I doubt. Harrisons is such a well run company.

#14 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,677 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

Dude, let this offer be in thekerbau for 2 days before you open it to SF.

#15 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

It's ok, I have set aside a certain number of meters for thekerbau.I have not opened it in SF but only offered it to existing clients I know.

#16 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

kotmj, why SB?

#17 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,677 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

How would I know. It's intuitive.

#18 F1refighter

F1refighter

Megatimer

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

Terrorsquad.

I'm afraid I'll have to pass on that great piece of cloth you have borrowed me and go for this instead! :)

(excellent review from kotmj btw)

#19 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

I'm wrestling with turning this into a staple -- 2 piece SB notch lapel -- or something slightly fancier -- two-piece DB. I suppose the advantage of the former is that you can use it as a BlazerSuit as well. But I have been hankering for a bespoke DB in a solid colour for awhile. I just don't know if this is the right cloth for the DB or if I'm forcing the cloth into the style. Decisions!

#20 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

Hahaha, I expected that.No worries, drop me an email for this so I can add your name to the list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users