• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 terrorsquad

terrorsquad

Megatimer

• Yang Berbahagia
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

I can't wait to see their new lasts actually. hopefully it would turn out all right.

#22 F1refighter

F1refighter

Megatimer

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

I think their old last would have fit me well since I have wide feet. You can see how capacious the toe box is. Some of these modern English shoes I have are just too narrow.

Yeah, about that. I have wide feet too.

However, I find that for my shoes, it's long enough and slightly snug at the top and the back of the shoes are a bit 'sharp' as well. So, according to the sales staff, there is a bit of a 'break-in' period and may take 4-5 wears to soften things up.

After taking 3 weeks to break in my Red Wing boots, facing slight difficulties (and blisters) for 5 wears isn't too bad. Hehe....

#23 "6"

"6"

Megatimer

• Members
  • 1,736 posts
  • LocationAnak Kedah

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

I'm absolutely loving this last shape. Wish Edwin would reply my email re: sizing and tell me that they do a size 42.5.

#24 edetal

edetal

Smalltimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Thank you very much KC for the positive write-up! I hope you had enjoyed your visit as much as we had. The issue with the back of the heel causing discomfort should subside as the outsole breaks in. What usually happens before the sole becomes flexible enough is that there will be a bit of slippage at the back counter which causes the discomfort.

Regarding the old lasts, they somehow do not present well in photographs from certain angles. We've had multiple feedback that it looks much better in person.

We are also happy to announce (The Kerbau is the first forum to know!) that we are going to reproduce some of our best selling models from our first collection in the new lasts. These models, namely The Shenton, The Raffles, and The Merlion, together with 8 brand new designs will form our new collection, slated for launch at Front Row, May 4th 2012.

As we flounder in our first year of existence, we are very appreciative of the support shown to us. We take into account all positive and negative comments as we try to better our designs, constructions and operations. Please excuse us if emails sometimes goes unanswered; we do not mean to ignore anyone! Please give us the benefit of the doubt and email us again; we are a very small operation and things do get overlooked, but definitely not intentionally!

#25 edetal

edetal

Smalltimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

I'm absolutely loving this last shape. Wish Edwin would reply my email re: sizing and tell me that they do a size 42.5.

Dear "6", unfortunately we do not do half sizes as the standard we use, the Euro standard, is relatively small in its graduations. We do apologize for having left your emails unanswered!

#26 edetal

edetal

Smalltimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

Edwin, if you're looking for a venue for a trunk show, I know the place.

Thanks joonian! We are seriously contemplating about doing a trunk show in KL, and we would very much appreciate any help we can get!

#27 kenterong

kenterong

Megatimer

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

looking forward to you guys coming to kl, if i don't make the trip south before that!

#28 F1refighter

F1refighter

Megatimer

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

Thank you very much KC for the positive write-up! I hope you had enjoyed your visit as much as we had. The issue with the back of the heel causing discomfort should subside as the outsole breaks in. What usually happens before the sole becomes flexible enough is that there will be a bit of slippage at the back counter which causes the discomfort.

Regarding the old lasts, they somehow do not present well in photographs from certain angles. We've had multiple feedback that it looks much better in person.

We are also happy to announce (The Kerbau is the first forum to know!) that we are going to reproduce some of our best selling models from our first collection in the new lasts. These models, namely The Shenton, The Raffles, and The Merlion, together with 8 brand new designs will form our new collection, slated for launch at Front Row, May 4th 2012.

As we flounder in our first year of existence, we are very appreciative of the support shown to us. We take into account all positive and negative comments as we try to better our designs, constructions and operations. Please excuse us if emails sometimes goes unanswered; we do not mean to ignore anyone! Please give us the benefit of the doubt and email us again; we are a very small operation and things do get overlooked, but definitely not intentionally!

Congratulations, dude! Good to see you folks having so much fun and success in your first year :)

As for the break-in period of the shoes, I take back what I said initially about it being compared to Red Wings. Turns out, the break in of these shoes can be rather brutal, a small piece of skin at the back of my heel came off and I couldn't wear the shoes for a while. Haha. So, what I'm doing now is to stick my shoe-horn in to "stretch" it a bit around the heel and the top/upper of the shoe.

But overall, I'm liking the look of it :)

#29 edetal

edetal

Smalltimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

Congratulations, dude! Good to see you folks having so much fun and success in your first year :)

As for the break-in period of the shoes, I take back what I said initially about it being compared to Red Wings. Turns out, the break in of these shoes can be rather brutal, a small piece of skin at the back of my heel came off and I couldn't wear the shoes for a while. Haha. So, what I'm doing now is to stick my shoe-horn in to "stretch" it a bit around the heel and the top/upper of the shoe.

But overall, I'm liking the look of it :)

Ouch! I'm so sorry to hear that the shoes are giving you grief! They most definitely shouldn't be taking skin away from anywhere. Please let me know if the situation doesn't improve. You could also try taking it to professional cobblers to get them stretched out.

#30 gshen

gshen

Smalltimer

• The Chairman
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

I saw the new lasts yesterday and have requested for Ed to hold a pair of burgundy double monks from the upcoming range for me. Nuff said!

#31 Zinzan

Zinzan

Megatimer

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

I might be goin to Singapore in April, hopefully i will find the time to drop by Vanda and ed et al.

#32 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,677 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

Zinzan, if you do I am eager to have a feature on Vanda.

#33 Zinzan

Zinzan

Megatimer

• Members
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

Gosh, I'm such a bad writer and even worse photographer. I'm the type of cameraman who never brings out his camera, its either in the bag or in the hotel safe. I will try my utmost best.

#34 joonian

joonian

Megatimer

• Alfa once more
  • 2,134 posts
  • Location-

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

I could do a Vanda feature. But I'm also a bad photographer.

#35 residentdandy

residentdandy

Megatimer

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

I could take my camera!

"In matters of grave importance, style, not sincerity, is the vital thing." - Oscar Wilde

http:/www.instagram.com/residentdandy

#36 F1refighter

F1refighter

Megatimer

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

After reading this post from Die, Workwear!, I immediately got in touch with Edwin. Thanks to the supreme services of he and his team, I'm just going to post the following photo and keep my fingers crossed. Watch this space!

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#37 edetal

edetal

Smalltimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

Dear friends,

I am proud to present our Spring/Summer 2012 Lookbook! Please excuse the model as we couldn't afford a real one!

Our thanks goes to Kevin Seah of KEVIN SEAH BESPOKE for the fantastic wardrobe support and Ervine Wu of Palette Pictures for a wonderful shoot.
http://edetal.sg/lookbook/lookbook.pdf

We would also like to extend an open invitation to members of the forum to attend our VIP Preview happening this Friday, 11th May 7pm at Front Row in Raffles Hotel.

Hope to see you guys there!

#38 kotmj

kotmj

Megatimer

• Members
  • 7,677 posts
  • LocationBukit Rimau

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

The link doesn't work for me, I got this from the Dress Shoe thread: http://edetal.sg/loo...ookbook2012.pdf

BTW, amazing new collection! Great presentation!

#39 Guest_Edwin Neo_*

Guest_Edwin Neo_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

The link doesn't work for me, I got this from the Dress Shoe thread: http://edetal.sg/loo...ookbook2012.pdf

BTW, amazing new collection! Great presentation!

Here's a web version!

http://edetal.sg/lookbook/

The number of downloads crashed our servers last night!

#40 ElPistolero

ElPistolero

Bigtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

when is the kl trunk show??

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FEATURE, shoes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users