kotmj

Shirts

IMG_20161227_144710.jpg?raw=1

A Toyota Velfire just came to where I live to deliver these four shirt mannequins. In it was a driver, a personal assistant, and a capitalist. All Malay. The capitalist's wife closed her boutique and he is helping in liquidating it. He's still paying the rent on thd shop every month, he said, even though the business has closed. Reason was, he couldn't find a good alterationist.

It's just due to his momentary chest-forward pose. His shoulders are pulled back. There is considerable ease in the chest specifically at his request because he works out.

I watched a video some time back where Antonio (RealMenRealStyle) has mentioned shirt garters in a previous keep-your-shirt-tucked-in video. Not sure why he made another video talking about the same things. Views perhaps?. Always thought how convenient it would be for my shirt to stay neatly tucked all the time without having to readjust multiple times during the day.

The era of Digital Drawing for apparel is a need for Bespoke tailor. Anyone is familiar with it?

Something like the photo below?

post-2744-0-31073100-1486426883_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

We human have a natural in-built desire to search for our origin or "The Creator" if I may. For me and those of monotheism(Abrahamic) religions, the answer is in the faith. Then there are also those who seek the purpose of life or at least try to live close to the original intent (of creation)...

As a vegan yourself, I believe it's not too difficult to find the link...

My younger brother is marrying a pastor's daughter in a couple of months. I met the pastor a grand total of once; over dinner. Severely hypertensive, very high cholesterol levels (both by his own admission), overweight. If it weren't for the pills, he would have long had a heart attack or stroke.

Before me was a guy I can imagine as the corrupt CEO of a government-linked company. Or the head of a Chinese triad. I did not see what spiritual benefit would come from being a member of his "flock" (as he himself puts it). His flock is much numerous. He makes much money.

I also went dutifully to Sunday school until my late teens. It didn't lead to anything. Nor, in hindssight, could it have led to anything.

I met a long-time Taoist who then became an enthusiastic Christian. He was buying a lens from me. He's 56. I thought, when I am 56, I would be much disappointed in myself if I was like him.

It's difficult to communicate this, but the origin can be found so easily. It is literally right under your nose. But the conditions have to be right for you to see it. It is not "out there".

My best theory for why people go to church is their need to belong to a tribe. It gives them a sense of security; that they are not floating alone in this vast world. They belong to a group of people. However, the trouble of going is great: do people really need to belong to a tribe so badly? So I am uncertain.

I know this is all controversial and maybe too much info etc.

• Like 1

Good theory kotmj. I must agree that we human are, like flocking animal in nature, living best in mutual reliances or benefits of one another. Everyone wants to belong i.e. to a community, a nation or a part of a civilized world... and being a complex or sophisticated being like we are, we don't always look at things exactly the same way. That's ok and it is good. It gives rise to different tastes, likings, traits... and so different groups/ societies/ associations...etc. In a way, there are church-goers that are going to church like how they'd gather up with a certain groups or even for personal gain.

I don't mean to preach. Just wish to share a point: the bible said "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.". I believe the church is not originally meant to be a hall of fame where the "saints" and the "successful" gather to glorify their good natures, successes, values or good deeds. So, don't be surprise to discover, in church, the person next to you not doing as well or acting like a saint or having better values than the others. There are many in sickness (mentally or spiritually) in a way or another. Some less sick ones will try to tend to the more serious ones but just like how modern medicine had developed, people errs. People tried to do what they thought best to discover a practice that might be erroneous in the future. The church isn't perfect because people are flawed. At least, I see hope for those who acknowledge their lacking and seek assistance. Like hospital, people don't get executed for being sick. The patients are treated patiently, at length maybe, in hope they get better.

There are many Western mediums offering something they call "spiritual healing". It is a brisk business. Apparently, lots of people are in need of healing.

The problem I have with this is, if healing is needed, what is the malady? The name of the disease please! What is the mechanism that causes this disease? How exactly does the cure work?

They have no answer to this. The ailing know not what they ail from, and the people trying to help are not equipped to diagnose the problem. Maybe not even the body of knowledge is there.

I'm going to indulge in some quackery when I say I know where the problem is with those people. But I can't say it because it is difficult to communicate.

I would be cautious, or perhaps skeptical, to such said mediums you mentioned. Just a bit of clarification, the "sickness" I wrote above is metaphorical for "SIN". A co-existing concept of human continually drawn to a state of imperfection, corruption, degeneration...etc in Abrahamic monotheistic religions. Sin leads to death, suffering, destruction...etc. Christians believe none has the capacity to escape sin without Divine Intervention or God's grace.