kotmj

Shirts

Screenshot_2018-10-09-01-08-08-159_com.g

Sorry, wrong house. It's the opposite house. This one.

A view of the upper floors.

Screenshot_2018-10-09-01-08-45-997_com.g

Suitably ghetto, like all workshops are.

Screenshot_2018-10-09-01-19-51-910_com.a

And this is the north Italian recommendation. You see the upper floor with the mannequins? That's the one. Seems like a much higher cost outfit than the Napoli one. Here's the view from the shop:

Screenshot_2018-10-09-01-25-23-033_com.a

Screenshot_2018-10-09-09-43-34-992_com.g

I strolled (virtually) around the neighborhood of the Napoli shirt workshop when, maybe 100 meters away, I saw this lady. She's holding a dark tailored jacket.

Is she a coatmaker delivering a jacket she had completed at home to the jacket workshop? Or is she a finisher, who does all the external hand sewing on a jacket? Or perhaps she's just a normal person who picked up a jacket from the dry cleaners?

Hi Giulio,

I asked XXXX of YYYY to recommend to me a shirtmaker who can sew shirts for my business. He gave me your contact.

I run a bespoke tailoring business in Kuala Lumpur making suits and shirts. I would like to offer my customers the option of having the shirts made either in Kuala Lumpur or in Napoli.

I imagine I will send the paper patterns and cloth over, your company cuts and sews, then send the finished goods to me.

Is this something you'd be interested in?

Cheers,
Jeremy
JeremyTok.com

Giulio quoted me a price. It is very high. It's 15 passages by hand with an open worked shoulder, whatever that means.

With such a price and courier charges, I'm pessimistic about the market viability. A shirt would be priced pretty much at Luca Avitabile territory.

I may have to find an alternative.

One way to bring the price down is to go for 8 passages by hand. In fact, this is pretty much the standard at Naples. 15 passages is the max amount of handwork.

Liverano shirts are I believe 8 passages or fewer.

Ok, I'm now pretty sure Liverano shirts are four passages.

Last night, I wrote to Francisco Holzer.

Hey! I was quoted XX by a company in Napoli to cut and sew a 15 passages by hand shirt. Very expensive, no?

I may have to abandon the plan to offer Napoli-made shirts to my customers.

Sit back and enjoy his reply:

It might be a scam since the fee is XX-YY for 15 passages ( Kiton quality= a shirt that retails for minimun 400 euros)

It is the price for a 8 passages.

Beware with Neapolitans and never pay in advance, they always say what you want to ear but never do what they say.

and in the best of the cases, they can even deliver a shirt machine made or with 4 passages made quite fast.

Even me who knows all the industry let my dream of offering bespoke shirts finished by the own factory I was working.

I am pretty ill and in hospital  back and forth for years, I can offer you the bespoke tie service that is fast and reliable.

I was a damn narcissist as my family, I am now one of the biggest experts about the Dark Triad of Personality: psychopathy, narcissism, maquiavelism
and so on, thatnks God I could get rid of the secta of some of my relatives in prison:

The biggest heroin traficker of it´s time: the psycho who beated up me everyday while robbed my mother 15 millions
 keep it secret.

I hope you also get rid of your narcissism since being humild and low is the biggest thing one can live, 

FS francisco sepulcre,  the psychopath brother of my mother victim, in Hell since 10 years ago, what a party I did.

margini%20cucitura%20camicia.jpg?raw=1

Giulio sent this back to me. I learnt a few things! In Italy, just like in Germany, they write their "1" just like that and use the comma as decimal point. They also use the metric system, unlike in KL where we use inches.

He titled the sketch "margini cucitura camicia". Literally, margins seams shirt.