kotmj

Shirts

Took some shots today of three of my collars for use in the next brochure.

The regular spread. Maybe 70% of our shirts have this collar.

1-IMG_4988_edited_zpsekptr1xg.jpg

The buttondown

1-IMG_4928_edited_zpsokrt31fr.jpg

The cutaway

1-IMG_5023_edited_zpstdizsgla.jpg

Right now I do not see the point of a dozen, or dozens of collar types, but the day may yet come. Until then, these three collars cover the bases.

• Like 1

It's unbelievable the forum software does not allow one to dislike a post. Would dislike the two above.

Anyway, I have something to show later tonight that is groundbreaking. You'd all have to suck it. It's worth staying up for.

Never has praise been so faint for performance so substantial! I've not seen anyone else do such nice embroidery anywhere in the country.

Me too. The lady who did this was the same from two years ago who did the handkerchief with butterflies and flowers. I'm very happy with the scale she picked for this. Any smaller and the details would be hard to execute with good resolution; any larger and it would look too self-important. She probably did one or two on a scrap of cloth before she did these. I gave minimal instructions, only that they be able to withstand machine washing without unravelling.

• Like 1

This was made for an upcoming European vacation. I have made this person many shirts over the years. Thomas Mason pale blue linen.

1-IMG_6614_zpsxtmknupx.jpg

What do you guys think of the photography?

I like it, apart from the distracting upper right and lower left corners - no biggie. The lighting makes the shirt more 3-dimensional. Even the cloth texture/weave is shown well. However... from a colour-accuracy point, its probably going to be tough to colour-match.