kotmj

Shirts

Today, out of the blue, I was approached via email by a company in Naples, Italy offering me tailoring services as a B2B service. They can do shirts with 7 "passages" by hand, and also with 15 passages by hand including hand-sewn buttonholes. Prices are clearly B2B, and significantly below retail.

There's no mention who made the shirt, but I'm pretty certain it's T&A because it has T&A's signature three-button cuffs. The fit looks really good. Notice how very snug the cuffs are.

101369.jpg

Today, out of the blue, I was approached via email by a company in Naples, Italy offering me tailoring services as a B2B service. They can do shirts with 7 "passages" by hand, and also with 15 passages by hand including hand-sewn buttonholes. Prices are clearly B2B, and significantly below retail.

As i warned you, no serious Neapolitan shirtmaking house ( and I have been practising on almost all) do deliver on time or even deliver even being there 12h a day.

No Italian even knows the email do exist, so i am sorry to say, they have tried to scam you. I hope CN is not behind that as any or their daily usual scams to foreigners.

Now who is the “ insane” ?

By the way, the way is said in Naples are 8 and 16 passages by hand, no 7 or 15, so this seems clearly an attemp to fraud.

Do you also receive letters of Nigerian heritors and so on?

Hi guys. I'm new here. I was at ButtonLiew a few days back and had 2 piece of shirt tailored. The experience was great. It was like visiting a doctor and he meticulously explained every single detail. Now, I have a question here about shirt darts. From what I gathered here in this forum, having darts on your shirts are generally frowned upon. Why is that so?

It's not frowned upon. Some people like the idea of not having darts at the back. It's just a preference.

This is from my 3rd collab from a HK shirtmaker, quite pleased with it.

Apologies in advance for the very grainy photo, it was dark this morning when I left for work. I'll try a capture from work next time.

photo_zps17ckhp6m.jpg

Just received delivery of the 4th version from a recent visit to HK with less waist suppression.

Thanks M. I think I want more volume in the sleeves in the next version.

Re:length - that's my watch hand, and thats pretty much the default position when I wear my gshock.

Looks real good; very snug cuffs.

The iPhone obviously has a very, very, veeeerrrrryyyyy long way to go before approaching the capabilities of a real camera. That photo was shot at only ISO 2500 and looks worse than an Impressionist painting. I couldn't find it now, but I have an ISO 3200 photo from my APS-C DSLR that is great even at that sensitivity. I say this because I literally have people see me holding my DSLR and asking why I don't just use my phone. How they, too, have DSLRs but find their phones to be equivalent. These are not obviously dumb people; they are real professionals in their technical fields, supposed to be endowed with good judgement. I'm beginning to think they are just suckers for Apple's marketing. If you did a survey, I'm sure 19 out of 20 people on the street will think their iPhones have a camera the equivalent of a DSLR.

Yesterday, I bought three cuts of haute de gamme shirtings: DJA 200/2.

Graph checks

1-IMG_9674_zpszwhit9co.jpg

3-IMG_9683_zpsgrxqr4r2.jpg

Fil-à-fil (since we're speaking French)

2-IMG_9679_zpsuomeyjwm.jpg

• Like 2

HK bespoke - fourth order, maybe 3rd iteration. 2015

First time trying a stiffer collar. I don't dislike a stiffer collar, but not as comfy.

FullSizeRender_zpsy4ybrdxr.jpg

My most recent shirt by master Tok - purchased circa 2013 or early 2014. Second iteration. Love the collar, so comfy due to the soft interlining.

FullSizeRender_zpsdnvhhtyb.jpg

• Like 1