Sign in to follow this  
kotmj

Tea

I read on Wikipedia that chrysanthemum and goji berries are a classic combination for a tea. It's never done locally. In Malaysia, it's chrysanthemum and liquorice. So I tried the goji berry thing today and my God is it good.

P9060592_zps82e6c5fd.jpg

An interesting "floral" tea at Canton-I. It looks like a cup of hot water was left in the forest and all manner of vegetation fell into it. I was there to meet with an old customer. Plans were made to take over an existing tailoring establishment and other rabid capitalist talk.

1-IMG_6646_zpsbvh30flc.jpg

Might it be Eight Treasures Tea 八宝茶? 

- goji/wolfberries

- red date

- rock sugar crystals

- dried chrysanthemum flowers

- green tea leaves

- dried longan fruit

There is such a thing? Great idea. I might make it (sans the sugar).

It's a mix of whole green tea leaf, red amaranth flower, and I think jasmine flowers and other unidentified flower petals.

Great to know that i can share my tea drinking journey here. I ain't a tea snob and will just drink any tea that is good value and palatable.

2015 Lugu winter Dongding Oolong Competition, award winning tea. Strong pine fragrance, hint of roast. Tea itself is full bodied with pleasant aftertaste, pine, vegetal, mild astringency for pushing the tea too hard. Huigan is lingering at throat and not willing to give up.

post-32174-0-40311900-1463411341_thumb.jpg

post-32174-0-15998900-1463411342_thumb.jpg

WTF. All my life I thought you needed hot water to make tea. Here is green tea with room temperature water. The water turned green immediately.

DSC00957_zpsff86cd03.jpg

Cold brewing. It will limit astringency during tea extraction, but need more time approx 6-12 hours in the fridge, if you like it icy cool.