kotmj

Singaporean members

They're not bespoke, are they?

No. They are a MTM shop.

They also offer La Vera Sartoria MTM.

It will be interesting to see the uptake, given you can easily get bespoke locally for those prices. And they don't have the prestige status like Brioni or Zegna. 

• Like 1

Heard Leatherfoot is coming to Singapore.

I believe they are already there. If you look at their facebook/instagran, they already informed ppl of their location in Singapore.

I believe they are already there. If you look at their facebook/instagran, they already informed ppl of their location in Singapore.

Ah ok. It had to be them.

Hi there... im new to this forum hope the singaporean members here can advice me on which reputed tailors in singapore i can go to if i purchase my own fabric and bring it to them to commision some stuff for me

This was posted to my office which I only picked up today. I appreciate a good quality card. This one is embossed fabric-covered paper with cut-outs. Do other tailors post cards as a reminder to go visit them? 

FV2ik9O.jpg

It is interesting that you brought this up. K by Kevin Seah is/was an entry MTM program. Its tumblr (http://kbykevinseah.tumblr.com/) has not been updated for the past 6 months. The Facebook page and Instagram also disappeared. Clinton Leicester, the former brand manager of K by Kevin Seah, left Kevin Seah in November last year. Quite low-key in fact. Therefore it appears that Kevin Seah Red Label will replace K by Kevin Seah as the diffusion line. 

It's unusual to let a brand into which much has been invested die, but who am I to teach Kevin about empire-building. I guess Clinton must be working on the AMEN brand now.

Don't think of it as death but a metamorphosis or a rebirth.

Kevin's clothes on Clinton always seem to pile 10 years and he is 28 this year. May be due to the combination of colours and textures chosen. I'm only saying this since Clinton left Kevin Seah and this is just my unsolicited opinion. 

From Kay-Jen's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/kayjentailored 

and also https://www.instagram.com/p/BKZtEAbh-ha/ 

:

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who supported @kayjentailored as we turn two this September.

It has been a rewarding journey running @kayjentailored singlehandedly. Admittedly, it can also be extremely exhausting at times.

To fully realise my potential, I would like to officially announce that I have formed a new partnership with Dylan from @dylanandson. From Oct'16 onwards, KAYJEN TAILORED shall be known as KAYJEN DYLAN, or KJD for short.

KJD will be a made-to-measure line at an affordable price range, aimed at making tailoring more accessible for guys just starting out on their sartorial journey.

We will be moving out of Jalan Sultan Plaza and into a new unit along Telok Ayer Street, together with @dylanandson. An in-house workshop will be incorporated and it will allow both brands to improve the quality of the products. By sharing resources and expertise with the @dylanandson team, I strive to grow KJD and improve myself as a cutter, and also help Dylan in taking @dylanandson to the next level. We look forward to your continuous support.

Eh, I want to join them. Make it into Tok Kayjen Dylan, or TKKJD. I run Malaysian retail operations and central production facility.

However I have to say I am not impressed! Capitulated after only two years. I've been doing this five years and didn't complain too loudly or too publicly about it being "extremely exhausting" (which it is more days than it is not).

Yeah saw that here, it's pretty much Singapore's most watched thread on tailoring,

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/fashion-grooming-235/where-tailor-clothes-%3Dd-part-3-a-5308975-190.html

He even opened up a new thread,

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/fashion-grooming-235/tailoring-dylan-son-beware-5468473.html

Don't really know what to make of it but anyway I remember reading that those two negative reviews on FB have an explanation behind them that was down more to unreasonable customer expectations than Dylan's.