kotmj

Singaporean members

I have been requested to make clear that only ice cream samples will be FOC.. just in case you are planning to come only for free ice cream, please take note!

Hahaha effectively, it sounds that way. G - are you previewing your collection that's bound for release on Monday?

I suppose you could ask for 200 samples to form a cone if they cant recognise you...Brown grenadine, navy/white pindots, grey/red repp and a lilac/white wide herringbone linen!

So going back to a topic from a long time back, where do you gents go for your non-suit related tailoring for daily wear like work shirts and trousers [if you even go to anywhere but Iris that is :) ]?

For trousers, I've been told that Michael Chain and Frank Tailor at Peninsula do a decent and value-for-money CMT job, and do decent copies of one's trousers if one's unwilling to trust their patterns, but do any of you have experience with them? I might try them out in the coming months and will put down my impressions if I do.

And what about for shirts?

Hi guys.

I will be in Singapore on Friday night and the whole of Saturday. Would love to meet up with all kerbau members there. I will be bringing some suiting materials and also some dirt cheap shirting materials (including Riva!). I will most likely be in Iris on Saturday but maybe we can meet up somewhere (maybe Gerald's workshop?). Looking forward to seeing you guys there!

I have yet to speak to Nani as our next appt has yet to be scheduled - but will drop her an sms now and head down later if there's still no word. Will update asap.

I would also love to checkout G's workshop, still have yet to head down...

TS - great idea. Would love to meet up, and also check out G's workshop at the same time! I'm busy in the late morning, but could do sometime in the afternoon. If you have time, perhaps give us a heads-up as to what you're bringing down so we can prepare to fast for the rest of the week...

CMT

For shirts I suggest Hwa Seng Textiles. $85 a shirt, but this includes button shanking, which I find to be very helpful. I think they use better quality interlining (if somewhat less stiff) than other places I've tried. Workmanship is excellent, IMHO as good as Iris. Approximately $20 more if you want their mother of pearl buttons.

I pay $75 for a guy in Liang Court to CMT trousers for me. It's the cheapest I've found so far and I have no complaints about the workmanship, but sometimes deviations occur. How much do you guys pay?

Shirt fabric

If anyone wants to get Alumo, SIC Tess or G&R fabric, please PM me for details.

CMT

For shirts I suggest Hwa Seng Textiles. $85 a shirt, but this includes button shanking, which I find to be very helpful. I think they use better quality interlining (if somewhat less stiff) than other places I've tried. Workmanship is excellent, IMHO as good as Iris. Approximately $20 more if you want their mother of pearl buttons.

I pay $75 for a guy in Liang Court to CMT trousers for me. It's the cheapest I've found so far and I have no complaints about the workmanship, but sometimes deviations occur. How much do you guys pay?

Shirt fabric

If anyone wants to get Alumo, SIC Tess or G&R fabric, please PM me for details.

Interesting. Can you supply pics so we can take a look at workmanship?

I'd be happy to, but which parts of the shirt should I take the pictures of? Please pardon my ignorance.

I certainly won't claim to be an expert on technical aspects of construction, but my impression stems from my not observing any loose strands on the shirts.