Sign in to follow this  
kotmj

Toiletries

For soap, I've been using those made in the Mediterranean from olive oil and laurel oil. I've tried 4 brands and even though the recipe is essentially the same, each soap was very different. Some have a thick lather, others have little. There was one from Greece which left a film of olive oil on the skin. Apparently, soaps like these have been made since Biblical times and is still the default soap in the Mediterranean. I have no plans to switch to fancier stuff.

The other personal care stuff are the normal merchandise from Palmolive, Unilever and Beier, etc. Pantene shampoo, sebamed facial wash (which I've been using since forever), Nivea facial moisturiser, etc.

I used to use Schwarzkopf gel and clay from the shops in Sungei Wang, but Schwarzkopf recently disallowed discounting so the prices are quite high. I tried L'Oreal hair clay recently and find it a good substitute.

I used to use anti-perspirant but stopped a few years back when I could not find my favourite brand (the only one I would use). I try to shower more often instead.

I use an electric toothbrush because I was told by someone in the know that dentists can tell the difference.

Body Shop sells mechanical exfoliators that I use.

• Like 1

^ I used to have a housemate who had annoying good skin. His skincare regiment involved a bar of soap and water.

^ I used to have a housemate who had annoying good skin. His skincare regiment involved a bar of soap and water.

I hate those guys. They're usually the most unhygienic buggers.

I use this prdominantly shower gel Dove and shampoo pantene. Got an alternate though L'occitane shower gel and Charles Worthington shampoo(been trying the local version from watson's not as good as the boots version). Face products are Dermax ie cleanser, toner and moisturiser, this has been extremely effective for acne for me. Hair products besides shampoo dont need one, dont have much hair to begin with. Deodorant Kiehl, i was advised by my Dr not to use deodorant but seriously i dont think i can not use it. So i use it once a day.

old spice, anyone?

i've been curious to try their new line of bodywash after watching isaiah mustafa telling men to smell like men. haven't had any luck finding them so far.

even if you aren't interested in the products themselves, you should watch the commercials on youtube. hilarious and quite amazing at the same time.

^I use just a little pomade in the morning for a little shine after I've applied my stronger hold fibre to slick my hair back. It has virtually no hold, but use too much and you'll look like you just swam to the office.

It's OK. We're all homosexual here.

Hmmm ...

I googled 'pomade' n i get kotmjs comments on how it smells like an old man on lyf. Rm2.20 from a kedai runcit in 2010...

I think i remember tancho now. Its green rite

^ yeh dude. What do you think happens after Terror and kotmj have their fittings in the hotel? Its not called a trunk show for nothing.

I use American Crew pomade for the shine and American Crew fibre for the tough hold.

I googled 'pomade' n i get kotmjs comments on how it smells like an old man on lyf. Rm2.20 from a kedai runcit in 2010...

hAHAH. This is great, trust lyf to have discussed this previously

Hahaahah. You know wats worse.. I am also there during the fittings... Jeng jeng jeng..

U dont wanna know wat terror tried to do after kotmj left the room

I don't like pomades because they are essentially Vaseline. Makes hair incredibly greasy and you have to shampoo twice to get it out. I think technology has moved on and there are now great hair fixers that are matt and are water soluble. One guy who uses pomade is Florian Kueblbeck:

tumblr_lqbne8n2021r0uo6so1_500.jpg

I remember my late father used Yardley on his hair.. it's similar like tanco...only nicer.. never saw a single grey hair on him till the day he died.

Yup.. that's it.. it's either this or nothing else..

..Damn.. Euro9.99!. :huh: . the last time i bought it it was like rm13..

Edited by uturn