terrorsquad

Collateralised debt a.k.a. The Cloth Thread

What does it take to be invited to the trunk show?

It takes a bit of patience, that's all.

On the Huddersfield Fine Worsteds website looking for linings for my kerbau cloth project and I noticed a couple things:

-New Minnis cloths are up. Fresco II which has a wider range of patterns, and the QX and QZ range, both of which cost an arm and a leg.

-Leftover lengths of Hardy Riviera are now listed as discontinued - which I take it meants discounts on whatever suitings that are left. Not for me, but bargain hunters may find useful for the odd SC.

-I don't recall such a wide range of Hunt and Winterbotham on the previous iteration of the site, but man there are some ferociously gorgeous patterns.

Hmm yes. Lining! Hadn't thought about that. What did you think was interesting from Huddersfield?

Gerald: If you read this, did the kimono silk work out as lining in the end?

Lining recommendation was from Nani - the H&W lining book is at Iris for those who would like more variety in their commissions, although Nani advises customers to order direct from Huddersfield. For the H.Lesser suit, I intend to purchase 2.5m of #105892, which is the striped paisley and blue...

Yeah, that was pretty much the only decent one I saw there. I'm quite happy with a plain white one for my Kerbau cloth commission. Pindots on white field would be nice too. Or light grey stripe on white.

@kotmj: What do you do about linings for your commissions?

I have a bunch I bought from People's Textiles. Like you, I pretty much think an ecru or cream lining would be best for the airforce blue cloth. But the only ecru at People's is a scratchy acetate stuff. So I might use a striped lining I normally use for sleeves throughout.

Lining recommendation was from Nani - the H&W lining book is at Iris for those who would like more variety in their commissions, although Nani advises customers to order direct from Huddersfield. For the H.Lesser suit, I intend to purchase 2.5m of #105892, which is the striped paisley and blue...

I like the musical notes cupro

The only issue I have is paying £38 for shipping for the lining :( al though the Riviera does look very tempting.Then again, I'm getting the H.Lessers already.

Speaking of People's Textiles, have you been there recently, kotmj? I remember some time back when I was there with a friend to look for linings, the lady there described someone like you who left a bag of things by accident there, which at that time was still uncollected. She asked to pass the word to you that it was still there if you wanted it, if I happened to know you.

(She said things like "he became an apprentice and is learning how to make coats" etc., and it sounded like you.)

Speaking of People's Textiles, have you been there recently, kotmj? I remember some time back when I was there with a friend to look for linings, the lady there described someone like you who left a bag of things by accident there, which at that time was still uncollected. She asked to pass the word to you that it was still there if you wanted it, if I happened to know you.

(She said things like "he became an apprentice and is learning how to make coats" etc., and it sounded like you.)

She told me about you too, when I went to pick up the stuff I left there.

I saw the Minnis Fresco in tobacco that Slewfoot had custom woven. Amazing cloth!!!!!! What an incredible shade -- deep, mottled, saturated, mystical.

Anyone could comment a little about the characteristics of Minnis flannel vs Lesser flannels? I have no experience with either.