terrorsquad

Collateralised debt a.k.a. The Cloth Thread

Are we set on the charcoal POW overcheck option? It strikes me as a very Italian choice,like VBC or Ariston. Not a bad thing... but aren't there similar options already in their books? From TS' posts I got the impression it might be a special order a la LL.

I have looked at my Italian and British books, so far I have not found a similar design. let me know if you have seen one as the purpose of this special run is to have something unique yet versatile. even LL copied designs or were inspired by Agnelli's suit designs.

Actually, the 2 options we have is a mid grey POW with a navy overcheck or a charcoal POW with a light grey overcheck.the charcoal POW with light grey overcheck does not exist in any British books I have and has been confirmed by the owner himself.

The mill will make me a sample so I can show you guys.

A custom linen option would be great, if we are still debating the choice.

This may be done in the future. But this run will focus on the business or work side of the suit. We have to admit those who are interested in procuring it will most likely use it for business.

I propose we name the new kerbau cloth the Pelli POW, in honour of Cesar Pelli, the architect of the Twin Towers.

The Pelli POW, like the twin cathedrals to international business, is all about business. But it is not a usual business suiting, the sort that Hugo Boss pumps out (so depressing to look at). It has to be next level -- something that makes beholders realise what business suiting can be. Those who wear the usual charcoal pinstripes and black should be awestruck by how personable yet proper the Pelli POW is. Its muted variegation and very dark overcheck give it the gravitas the lighter POWs lack. It's matt texture, totally devoid of luster or (worse) shine, further adds to its propriety.

So. We OK with Pelli?

I am ok with the name. But I would prefer something more Asian that conveys a nice meaning.I just don't know what. I googled and apparently Brisa means beloved in spanish.

And please let's not suggest ridiculous names.

I am ok with the name. But I would prefer something more Asian that conveys a nice meaning.I just don't know what. I googled and apparently Brisa means beloved in spanish.

And please let's not suggest ridiculous names.

:( must be referring to me... haihhh n i tot i got good taste.

"Nila" meaning an indigo dye, from the Sanskrit नील meaning "blue"

Joonian, I love that name. It would be suitable if we go for the mid grey POW with navy overcheck.

Yeah, we should use names that are rooted in our place. I won't be joining this round of Kerbau cloth, though. But count me in for a linen!

The cloth needs to be minimum a dark grey and the overcheck has to be darker, not lighter. Otherwise it no longer can be an ersatz for charcoal. You want a dark grey to charcoal, but with more panache. Casual suitings in wool do not sell.

The cloth needs to be minimum a dark grey and the overcheck has to be darker, not lighter. Otherwise it no longer can be an ersatz for charcoal. You want a dark grey to charcoal, but with more panache. Casual suitings in wool do not sell.

Any suggestions for the overcheck then?If it's just a charcoal POW, I have found a few actually. But I have never seen one with a light grey overcheck, albeit a subtle one. A blue, light blue, navy, salmon, red overcheck on a charcoal POW I have seen.

Any suggestions from the other members would be welcomed :)

I have a picture on my phone of a mid-grey POW with faint blue overcheck, from an Ariston book - from the Preziosi book, I think. A more intense or darker shade of blue overcheck would have really set it off - albeit I wouldn't call it the perfect business suiting, more Italian biz-sprezz. I'll can try to upload it as reference, I think the POW looks more interesting than the previous pic of the grey/blue combi.

I'll comb the Iris books for good POWs when I'm back in town. I've already been through the Scabal, Dormeuil and Ariston books - but I was looking for brown! Maybe other members could do the same, so we have a reference pool that we can use.

I have a picture on my phone of a mid-grey POW with faint blue overcheck, from an Ariston book - from the Preziosi book, I think. A more intense or darker shade of blue overcheck would have really set it off - albeit I wouldn't call it the perfect business suiting, more Italian biz-sprezz.

Maybe its because not all of us are like Mr.Lapo here. I believe LL copied this design.

lapo%2Belkann%2Bsuit.jpg

Not bad mr zin.

Heheheheh beats char siew POW anytime anywhere anyhow...

would tie in well with red overchecks

mebbe u shouldnt do windowpanes. perhaps a nice chalk stripe would be more appropriate for a business suit. conservative but more ideal i think.

^ I would vote against chalk stripes. Too standard.

my vote would be dark grey with subtle light grey, blue or red overchecks.

I also like the "straits" or "selat" moniker.

I have a dark grey with subtle blue overchecks. I still find it abit too flashy for work. Maybe its just my line of work. Being a low ranking service provider, I dun think anyone would take me seriously if i wore somethin less conservative :P

Mebbe ts u shud do a poll to with about 3 different choices to maximise kerbau 2 orders.