• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 arc

arc

Megatimer

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

I realise there's a few qns that have gone unanswered... Which I will attempt to the best of my knowledge!

Joonian - Nani is doing a jacket for G that's in an approx 400g flannel, looks wonderful. So answer would be yes, they're very good at it.

Fiddler - Unsurprisingly, depends on extent of canvassing. But assuming full canvas, you're looking at about slightly over a grand (SGD) with VBC perennials as the basic cloth. I've done all my suits CMT, but I happen to think VBC perennial is a wonderful range - I do most of my work trousers in them.

EM - Nani has horn buttons in her inventory, but not quite to my liking. So I took the liberty of placing a few orders with Grunswald (http://grunwald-true-style.com/), since I wanted some of their burgol shoecare stuff as well.

I specified a deadline for my first suit, which was promptly met (I needed it for overseas meetings). My second suit was less pressing, and as a consequence took about 2-3 months before I took delivery. So in a nutshell, it depends on how pressing your circumstances are. Can't expect Nani to accomodate everyone's request mah.

#42 EmeritusMentor

EmeritusMentor

Megatimer

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

I had no idea Nani had her own horn buttons. Thanks a lot for the Grunwald link! I think I will buy buttons from them in future instead of RJ Weldon.

#43 monsieurxu

monsieurxu

Megatimer

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Can fully recommend Nani. Still my preferred tailor after trying several across three continents.
Blogging on Style & Menswear -
http://avantistilo.blogspot.com

Handmade bespoke watches -
http://maisonceladon.com
http://maisonceladon.tumblr.com/

#44 holymoly

holymoly

Megatimer

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Grunswald (http://grunwald-true-style.com/)

Do you normally order the minimum 3 large buttons and 8 small buttons? If the quality is spot on across all the buttons, there is probably no need to order more. So how do you rate the quality?

#45 tacit

tacit

Smalltimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSingapore-

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:50 PM

I took arc's recommendation to Grunwald and ordered a variety of buttons from them - Dark Brown Horn (Unpolished), Black Horn, and Grey Tagua nut. The unpolished dark brown horn is really special, and really comes to life with a dark suit.

On the other hand, to my mind the Black Horn and Grey Tagua nut aren't really particularly special. I may be committing heresy here, but I really can't tell the difference between the polished black horn and plastic buttons (it's that dark and shiny). The Grey Tagua nut buttons, I've realised, aren't really my thing.

The quality is generally spot on, but seriously, if you're going to pay for shipping, you should just buy three or four sets of buttons at one shot, and save them for future suits.

#46 holymoly

holymoly

Megatimer

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

I may be committing heresy here, but I really can't tell the difference between the polished black horn and plastic buttons (it's that dark and shiny). The Grey Tagua nut buttons, I've realised, aren't really my thing.

Guess you might be looking for some guadual blend in colours which the black horn buttons are unable to provide. Black horn buttons do look pretty uniform in colour, even upclose. I am pretty sure if you offer the Grey Tagua nut buttons up for sale, someone will pick them up.

#47 arc

arc

Megatimer

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Btw - Iris now has a facebook account, used to update clients on their availability. For now, at least, until we can convince Nani to start putting up some suit fitting pics...

#48 SGKit

SGKit

Megatimer

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Btw - Iris now has a facebook account, used to update clients on their availability. For now, at least, until we can convince Nani to start putting up some suit fitting pics...

And soon our suits will take more than 2 months brudder! <_<

Can't risk that! :lol: and the internets will know which side we dress.

#49 arc

arc

Megatimer

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Oh - that is true. I didn't think of that. Heh.

#50 arc

arc

Megatimer

• Members
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

Suit unpressed, seat needs taking in. Waist a tad snug, but no impetus to tweak further since I'm flying off soon.

On hindsight, the jacket looks a little short - though it didn't look that way in the mirror, so it might be partly due to the angle.

This is the brown H&S Crispaire. The Smiths Finmeresco has a much better drape, and comes slightly cheaper too. Highly recommend using the Finmeresco, Nani stands by it too.

DSC_0078-001_zps56a93cd7.jpg

DSC_0082-002_zps0f3ec476.jpg

IMG_20130618_194701-003_zps65b5439c.jpg

#51 holymoly

holymoly

Megatimer

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

The length of it looks fine to me though.

#52 Guest_adam_*

Guest_adam_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:44 AM

how much in total did u pay for the suit? tailoring and all

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FEATURE, Iris, bespoke, suit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users