Dress shoes

kotmj

I've been using that same cream on my loake until I got Saphir Pommadier Cream from AFPOS. Go get Starwax from any supermarket for RM5, that will shine the shoe up nicely, if you want. 

Anyway how's the Cheaney Lime? How much is PLAL selling it for? Post some pics?

Woly is better than kiwi but that's not saying much. If you can get your hands on saphir it's the best especially the renovateur. Try ikano cobbler, they might have it. A lot of ppl here love starwax, never tried it, can't comment. But IMHO if you just shelled out 1.2k for a shoe you better shell out a hell more than 5 bucks to take care of it.

Thanks zinzan, looks like Saphir is the way to go. I'll definitely ask the ikano cobbler about Saphir the next time I'm there, before I make some online orders.

Anyway, I would really appreciate if someone can offer advice regarding rubber topy. The other day I went to the ikano cobble to inquire about the cost of rubber topy, the lady in-charged quoted me two prices for what she mentioned as two different grades, which are RM210 and RM300 respectively. Well, she said the two main differences are the thickness and the material grade. When I told her I had a pair of Cheaney's, she recommended the latter, citing that most of her past other customers opted for that. Not sure if it's just marketing or it's really the case as she mentioned, so can anyone enlighten me about this matter, and the common practice which is deemed standard. Thanks in advance!   

There is the half sole topy, and there is the heel replacement. If you do both -- half sole and heel replacement -- it's gonna be expensive.

In the beginning you simply do a half sole topy in the Continental Corso. Much later when the original heel wears out you do a heel replacement, also in Continental Corso.

Then you'll be walking on German automotive rubber. Like me. Can run like James Bond to catch trains.

RM210 & RM300????!!! For half sole topy? If I remember correctly, they quoted me RM60 for vibram and even that I think it's slightly overpriced. So I'm not sure if the price they quoted you is correct.

Anyway, I've topied my shoes at bangsar village for RM45 and they done a pretty good job for it. The vibram is still going strong after 9 months now. 

Kotmj, how much do they charge you for the continental corso? I would like to try that. 

^am quite certain the lady at ikano is damn lansi. Walk in and ask about the saphir on the shelf about price and etc, she told me 20 plus and in my mind i would have buy all the cream on the shelf at that price but was put off cause she straight say not suitable for me when i ask to see it. Never goin back there again.

Teoky the saphir renovateur is worth it maybe the other stuff wax and cream you can by with other brands or there's even better ones, for the life of me I can't remember the name boot something. Renomat not so great. The cream I liked, the wax I dunno. By just applying the cream an renovateur it's already a beautiful shine.

Yeap, I'm currently using all saphir product for my shoe shine and I like them quite a bit. Zinzan, thanks for your comment, though I think tansy007 is the one that posted the question  :)

Anyway, AFPOS is holding sales for some of the design, limited size though. But for free shipping and free shoe trees, I think it's worth it. Oh and can buy all the saphir product you need from them as well. Their price are quite reasonable.

GlenKaren conditioner/cleaner gives the best results on calf as far as my experience goes. You will need to leave it overnight to be completely absorbed before brushing. Saphir Renovateur and Collonil Gold Cream are much faster and easier to use, but results not as good as GK (the shoes are literally glowing and smells of oranges- try not to eat them though). I have not tried GK on shell yet, and Renovateur on shell gives excellent results. For creams Collonil is easier to use than Saphir, and I have also heard good things about Burgol.

• 2 weeks later...

My personal experience:

I own a pair of 2nds from Cheaney (Plal), and have also purchased a new pair of MTO Meemin quite a while back.

The quality of the Cheaney 2nds is way better than the Meermin from the aspect of:

1) Leather - Cheaney feels less stiff, and can take a polishing better. Meermin leather is hard and seemed very processed (artificial). Also, there were visible metallic drawing marks as to where the leather was cut.    

2) Soles - Meermin soles have this weird squishy/creaky noise with every step I make.

Also, I have made 2 belts with Meermin. The quality of their belts are at par with Zara, if not worse. These arrived with pretty visible scuff marks on the outside. After less than 15 times of wearing one pair of the belt, the inside part of the belt started breaking apart.

My personal experience:

I own a pair of 2nds from Cheaney (Plal), and have also purchased a new pair of MTO Meemin quite a while back.

The quality of the Cheaney 2nds is way better than the Meermin from the aspect of:

1) Leather - Cheaney feels less stiff, and can take a polishing better. Meermin leather is hard and seemed very processed (artificial). Also, there were visible metallic drawing marks as to where the leather was cut.    

2) Soles - Meermin soles have this weird squishy/creaky noise with every step I make.

Also, I have made 2 belts with Meermin. The quality of their belts are at par with Zara, if not worse. These arrived with pretty visible scuff marks on the outside. After less than 15 times of wearing one pair of the belt, the inside part of the belt started breaking apart.

Thanks for the comment.

I should not have asked for comment between Cheaney and Meermin.

Obviously the more expensive Cheaney is better than Meermin .

My question should be is it worth to pay Euro 214  (with shipping Euro 250 ) for Meermin or just get a Loake 1880 from Plal.