The Denim (contrast) Thread

"6"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Uniqlo Kaihara selvedge denim. Forgot how many years old, but some of you will remember its debut on lowyat. The least comfortable trousers I own, tight and restricting, but I wear it anyway (Dunno why. Maybe because of peer pressure and dowan to look like uncle in my Levis 501.)

P8170474_zpse520db68.jpg

great fading kotmj, here's my APC PS after 1 year...fragile as hell, they're now too big for me but too beautiful to throw away, the denim under the placket got torn anyway. Eventually, replaced them with a pair of Naked & Famous, sturdier, great quality but then hard as hell to fade. 

f741e880-006e-4ff1-bde2-601fbc54694e_zps

3cb83307-572b-404f-be5b-ce81c0b9e017_zps

• Like 1

The brave or penitent I imagine!  Anyone hear try the Gustins at all? I'm due a pair this month.

I have a pair of Americans from the original Kickstarter. This was my 1st experience with raw selvage, so I can't comment much except that they're well made. The standard cut has a fairly high rise tho, so it fits great when standing, but tends to cut into your abdomen when sitting. I'm hoping it will wear softer after awhile, mine are about 14.5 oz.