The suiting thread

kotmj

Your prime minister dresses far better than Nobama ( well that is not difficult... .It seems on Singapore are really nice dressers. congrats!

When you see the First Lady and the PM wife side by side, you might change your mind...

Airforce blue pre-Harrisons Lesser 8/9 oz. a.k.a. Kerbau cloth

I was watching a movie recently, it may have been Lincoln, and noticed that the director/DOP would frequently shine a shaft of light on the actor's face at such an angle that it causes the iris of the actor to be luminous. I was trying to achieve the same effect here but with a horn button instead of iris. But the light is too diffuse.

I was just told that the minister who gifted the cloth to the minister I met, now himself wants to see me. Maybe I'll get the whole cabinet after all.

That pesky oil rich state? They are probably all related. Make it definitely actually! =)

(Who is Iwan?)

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/My+Money/Opinion/Story/A1Story20100322-206043.html

There was a period of time when a lot of his clients were powerful Bruneians.

I last saw one of his canvassed suits on sale at a flea shop.

I then bought the jacket for S$10 and dissected it.

I bargained, of course. The original price was S$15.

I wonder if anybody is interested in doing this tailoring thing with me. The strategy for what we want to do is very clear. I think it's a great strategy. I mean, it even gets me excited, and I'm old and jaded. A large part of the strategy is in defining what we will NOT do, what we will NOT pursue. It's a non-conventional strategy, a most cunning plan. Personally, I think it's a genius plan. But I can't make it happen on my own. Too much work.

I'm looking for a talented individual who is able to make many unlikely things happen. This is a people business; there are suppliers, there are customers, there are partners. You must be the sort of person people instinctively trust and respect, and who can keep relationships with the various stakeholders healthy. Over years. Infinitely. (Without making too many concessions.) Your approach to dealing with people is not about keeping your word, or keeping to the contract. The only thing people care about is whether their interests are protected and furthered. You are sensitive to the interests of those you deal with.

Obviously, you have to be smart as fuck. On standardised intelligence tests you need to score above 130. Above 140 would be even better.

Oh yeah, you need to be able to deal with a thousand small details. And get most of them right.

• Like 1

I wonder if anybody is interested in doing this tailoring thing with me. The strategy for what we want to do is very clear. I think it's a great strategy. I mean, it even gets me excited, and I'm old and jaded. A large part of the strategy is in defining what we will NOT do, what we will NOT pursue. It's a non-conventional strategy, a most cunning plan. Personally, I think it's a genius plan. But I can't make it happen on my own. Too much work. I'm looking for a talented individual who is able to make many unlikely things happen. This is a people business; there are suppliers, there are customers, there are partners. You must be the sort of person people instinctively trust and respect, and who can keep relationships with the various stakeholders healthy. Over years. Infinitely. (Without making too many concessions.) Your approach to dealing with people is not about keeping your word, or keeping to the contract. The only thing people care about is whether their interests are protected and furthered. You are sensitive to the interests of those you deal with. Obviously, you have to be smart as fuck. On standardised intelligence tests you need to score above 130. Above 140 would be even better. Oh yeah, you need to be able to deal with a thousand small details. And get most of them right.

Everyone may disagree but I think you have subconsciously zeroed in on me.

Not that I am looking for said job.

But it sounds like being the PA to a very rich and influential man (which you are obviously going to be one day).

Snigger away but I think I AM the one for this job. I will unleash all the charm at my disposal (which is a hell of a lot) at everyone who I meet....and under that deceptive layer will be the steel to protect the interests of the business. Woe betide anyone who thinks they have the measure of me (even the tailors)...they will be sorely disappointed.

I am smart as a whip, never lost for words,do not suffer fools (unless boss asks me to), and can smell a dodgy customer a mile away.

I think I could be good at this.

It's often said that the symptoms of what Freudian psychologists would call the 'Castration anxiety' involves a trans-fixation on the penis -- manifested in this instance when one finds the need to evoke its mention just by simply seeing a GIF of a lady.

In this case, I wouldn't put it pass the person to have entertained the thought of having the penis monogrammed on his shirt, presumably because the person needs to prove his libido. After all, he came up with an 'out-of-the-world' idea of having an image of a penis embroidered on his shirt.

Only surprise? He didn't talk about having it embroidered on a mask that he wears over his mouth.

Castration anxiety

Castration anxiety is the fear of emasculation in both the literal and metaphorical sense.

Literal

Castration anxiety is the conscious or unconscious fear of losing all or part of the sex organs, or the function of such.

In Freudian psychoanalysis, castration anxiety (Kastrationsangst) refers to an unconscious fear of penile loss originating during the phallic stage of sexual development and lasting a lifetime. According to Freud, when the infantile male becomes aware of differences between male and female genitalia he assumes that the female's penis has been removed and becomes anxious that his penis will be cut off by his rival, the father figure, as punishment for desiring the mother figure.[1]

In 19th century Europe it was not unheard of for parents to threaten their misbehaving sons with castration or otherwise threaten their genitals.[examples needed] This theme is explored in the story Tupik by French writer Michel Tournier in his collection of stories entitled Le Coq de Bruyère (1978) and is a phenomenon Freud documents several times.[2] In same period, Dr. Kellogg and others in America and English speaking countries offered to Victorian parents circumcision and in grave instances, castration of their boys and girls as a terminal cure and punishment for a wide variety of misbehaviours and ills, becoming very popular over time.

Metaphorical

Castration anxiety can also refer to being castrated symbolically.

Symbolic castration anxiety refers to the fear of being degraded, dominated or made insignificant, usually an irrational fear where the person will go to extreme lengths to save their pride and/or perceives trivial things as being degrading making their anxiety restrictive and sometimes damaging. This can also tie in with literal castration anxiety in fearing the loss of virility or sexual dominance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castration_anxiety

• Like 1