The suiting thread

kotmj

Home launderable does not necessarily mean home-pressable. Even if you laundered your jacket at home you should send it to a (proper) tailor for pressing. Tailors have about half a dozen special forms on which to press the various parts of a jacket for maximum shapeliness.

Thanks kotmj for the tip! Will have to ask about the tailor's pressing capabilities in that case.

By the way, a tailor was telling me that if I machine-washed the H&S, its colour would eventually fade (and therefore I should forget the idea of a home-launderable jacket). Any thoughts, gents? I'd assume that his argument would have some degree of plausibility in that jacketing and suiting fabrics are generally not dyed with machine-washing in mind. If anyone'd be interested, I'm thinking of doing a colour-fastness test by putting strips of my linens in plastic bottles of water and hanging the bottles in the boot of my car to toss and turn for a week.

I have a better idea. Snip off a small strip of the linen and keep it somewhere. With the larger piece, have the edges serged or somehow bound with thread. Everytime you launder something, throw in the swatch with the laundry.

After a few washings compare the little strip with the larger swatch.

Nope, plain midnight navy.And it already has a new owner.

Kotmj, I'm still drooling over the wain shiell and the trimmings.

it's safe to say for those who wanted to purchase the William Halstead on britishfabrics but had reservations about it,please proceed.It has been established that it's a great piece of fabric for our Malaysian weather.

went for my 3rd fitting today, jacket is half done. suit looks even more amazing in real life. collar still has to be fixed (still moving off the shirt when arms are raised), waist nipped in a little as suggested by Nani. would like somemore (harsher) critique from you sifus here!

21713339.jpg

54482342.jpg

81278254.jpg